• ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I like and use bore snakes a lot
    After using them the snakes must be cleaned as well
    if you toss them in the washer/dishwasher they will bore and snake themselves all over.
    In the bra section of many stores they sell little bags to wash small girl stuff. They are great for washing bore snakes. Tip: Get a woman to go buy them for you or be sure not to mention bore snakes when asking for them. Also good for storage of bore snakes

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    bored snakes.

228072C4-DE26-4FEF-A0C1-57A31329C198.jpeg
    E776C0A5-DFDE-4732-B9E2-97E836462630.png

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I use them on my handguns after range. They only last so long but otherwise do a decent job with cleaning the bore.

I deep clean um after 3/4 time out.

A gun that wont function dirty is one I dont need.

Some seem to think they have to be all gleaming.

So far in all my trying I have yet to wear one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I'm new to bore snakes

I do know they are good in the short term - quick clean at the range, hunting, etc

How about long term - the main form of cleaning

I normally use Ramrodz qtips or patches, but I can't put a lot in my BOB/Battle Bag, would a bore snake be a good substitute due to it's small size
    Find the manufacturer that best suits you and use it right after you shoot. It'll keep that bore clean for your lifetime. Now solvent is a different story....

JDD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Auburn, MI
    I use a combo of snakes and rods for cleaning. I would be comfortable with the snake alone, but I already had the rod kit.

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Definitely handy in the field but for regular cleaning i would avoid. They can easily pick up grit and sand. If you're careless in the way you pull the snake through it can eventually lead to uneven wear on your barrel at the muzzle leading to diminished accuracy.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have 7 or 8 of then in different calibers. I don't know what yall are shooting, but every one of my barrels are bright and shiny. Spray barrel with a cleaner, drag snake through a couple if times and done. Older non chrome or melonite, ill spray some rem oil on a snake and drag it through. Sub Moa groups on all but the battle rifles. Must not hurt them too much.

ktaylor966

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    I'm new to bore snakes

I do know they are good in the short term - quick clean at the range, hunting, etc

How about long term - the main form of cleaning

I normally use Ramrodz qtips or patches, but I can't put a lot in my BOB/Battle Bag, would a bore snake be a good substitute due to it's small size

I use bore snakes EXCLUSIVELY for cleaning my notes. I have one for every caliber firearm I own, including shotguns. My method is simply spraying the bore with Rem Oil or One Shot and then running the bore snake thru twice. I’m sure others will read this and have a different method but this is mine as it’s quick, simple and is pretty thorough.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I remember my first bore snake. It was in late spring and we were combining oats. It came rolling by with its tail in its mouth. Oh wait.......................wrong snake.

Top Bottom