• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What has been your Botach experience?

• Great! Fast shipping.

Votes: 1 9.1%
    • A little slow but otherwise no problems.

Votes: 3 27.3%
    • Slow, but a good deal for those willing to wait.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • OK for some items, but not for others.

Votes: 2 18.2%
    • Not worth the trouble. Frustratingly slow, poor communication.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Searching the forums, it appears some have experienced painfully slow shipping from Botach, while others report having no trouble at all. I ordered a shotgun from them last week, albeit apprehensively. It is now six days later, and I am having some buyer's remorse. My order status has remained at "awaiting processing," and the last updated field still shows 6/13. I tried calling but just got an automated recording for my efforts. I emailed them requesting a status update. Yesterday I finally got an email back saying I had five days to submit my dealer's FFL or the order would be canceled. My local pawn shop quickly emailed the FFL to them, and I am still awaiting the status to change. The gun I bought currently shows "sold out," so I'm a little worried they're stalling or hoping I cancel. What has been your Botach experience?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Awful experience with them on their website and via ebay. Big avoid!

EDIT: Saying items are in stock but they aren't. Zero communication. Cancelling orders and then re-listing the items at higher prices.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've read that they were problematic.
    I've ordered from them 2-3 times and never had a problem.
    Admittedly, it's been a few years.

Reactions: gll

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I haven't bought a ton of stuff from Botach. I bought two optics (holosun pistol red dots), and had to return one. Both arrived in reasonable time, and the return process wasn't any more onerous than returning stuff to any other online vendor that isn't Amazon.

I'd buy from them again.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They are the dried feces stuck to the nasty hemorrhoids of the ass end of the gun related product dealers world.

One wonders how they are still in business as they have been like this for as long as they have been in business and almost everyone knows this.

I guess they have just enough of a good deal at times that people take a chance knowing what will probably happen. Low expectations.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Several purchases over the last year or so. Very slow and communication lacking as well as web site updating. One order with my .454 Casull ammo was sent and then recalled for some reason and then resent when I called/emailed and complained. I track it online and saw everything happening. I was home all day. Won't order again from them. I did eventually get everything I ordered though.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Purchased once from them. Item arrived in a timely manner.
    That purchase was long ago. Before all the horror stories about them.
    I wouldn’t order from them now.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Interesting this post came up. Saw their name pop up in a Google search I did yesterday and for the life of me I couldn’t remember what it was that I bought from them, but the experience was so bad that I remembered the name enough to know they are on a short list of places I would never buy anything from ever again. Helpful I know LOL.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I bought a reaction rod, some mags, and a spare dust cover for my galil. Everything showed up the mailbox within a week. This was all pre covid though

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    You takes your chances.

My last order showed up in about a week. It was for a set of used Colt M4 handguards. It came with a bonus number 753 engraved in the plastic and also drawn on it in permanent yellow marker.

It was used all right. :facepalm:

Some acetone got rid of the yellow paint. But the engraving is there forever. At least they actually shipped something.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I ordered a small item from Botach. One of their AR 15 bolt scraper, cleaner, thingies. That was at least 6 years ago and there were a lot of complaints about them at the time. Despite that, I received my item in a timely manner. I don't think I will ever order from them again tho, there are way more reputable companies out there, and just like CTD, I don't them or the potential hassle.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Almost ordered from them back in the day since the sold assembled uppers and took pay pay.
    Never did though

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have bought many, many magazines from Botach over the years without a problem. Yesterday, my nephew said he had bought a new 9mm AR and asked if I had any Glock factory or ETS magazines. He said he had ordered some ETS magazines for $29 each,
    I told him to go to Botach and look. ETS magazines were $9.98 each and Glock factory magazines were $29.98 each. All of these were the 30-some round stick magazines.

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    A week after my order, they send me an email telling me I need to submit LEO identification before they'll ship. This was not labeled an LE-only item, so I don't know what's going on. They don't answer their phone and they close on weekends. So I suppose I'll find out sometime next week that they officially canceled my order.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A week after my order, they send me an email telling me I need to submit LEO identification before they'll ship. This was not labeled an LE-only item, so I don't know what's going on. They don't answer their phone and they close on weekends. So I suppose I'll find out sometime next week that they officially canceled my order.
    They do not have( and did not have when you placed your order) the item you ordered.

Top Bottom