• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Man this sucks!!! Only place close I know of with tac bays! I know it was slowly getting closed starting with the rifle range.. The blue wave sure is taking over, first losing surplus stores, couple of gun shops have cleared out , lost the gun shows,and now the shooting range.
    Capitol Armory ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Best of The West Shooting Sports
    2 hrs ·
    We were notified that beginning Monday, August 26, 2019, we would no longer be allowed to have rifles of any kind used on the range. Contrary to rumors circulating, no one has been injured or killed by gunfire from the range. However with this information we will, with much sadness, be closing Best of the West effective on or before, September 29, 2019, as we cannot financially sustain operations.
    Over the last nine years, we have enjoyed each and every one of you. Words cannot express how much we thank you for your patronage, loyalty, support, encouraging words, and ideas to help us. We have developed friendships that we will always remember and appreciate.

If you have a yearly membership, we will prorate and send you a refund as soon as possible.

Again, thank you all so much for everything you have done and for growing Best of the West with us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers, the LTC instructors, and all the law enforcement agencies that use the range for training and qualifications.

Sincerely,
    Millard Grantham and staff
    "notified" by who and why?

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Man this sucks!!! Only place close I know of with tac bays! I know it was slowly getting closed starting with the rifle range.. The blue wave sure is taking over, first losing surplus stores, couple of gun shops have cleared out , lost the gun shows,and now the shooting range.

Welcome to Austin North.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I asked one of the guys behind the counter, that’s all he wanted to say. Don’t know which judge, who complained, and or who owns land close by.

yakdung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    I belong to a gun club, and this is a major concern as well. Land developer encroachment. Comes down to who has the best lawyers and the most money to fight it. Folks migrating from the west bring commine indoctrination with them. Hippies / commies / tofu eaters have also been complaning about BBQ smoke from pits around the Austin area as well. Famlies that have been running pits for centuries, are under fire by left wing Austin city government. It took a few of the big players to attend city council meetings to convince
    them the error of their ways. Just a matter of time. Communism is slow and patient.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Same thing happened to the one in McKinney a few years ago. Show a DD214 and competence, you could have the run of the TAC course.

I sure miss it. Paper punching gets old quick.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    The rifle range has been shutdown the past year? Or so. Tac bays you could still fire 22 caliber and down rifles. Which is now according to the story you can’t do that even. Very sad.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    What about a .223 with a brace? < evil grin >
    This is, indeed, sad news. While I'd like to know more, it's the business' perogative to manage the narrative.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I belong to a gun club, and this is a major concern as well. Land developer encroachment. Comes down to who has the best lawyers and the most money to fight it. Folks migrating from the west bring commine indoctrination with them. Hippies / commies / tofu eaters have also been complaning about BBQ smoke from pits around the Austin area as well. Famlies that have been running pits for centuries, are under fire by left wing Austin city government. It took a few of the big players to attend city council meetings to convince
    them the error of their ways. Just a matter of time. Communism is slow and patient.
    And the dimwits that bring all of their stupid illogical ordinances that raise the cost of living complain and move to another location and do the exact same thing. I am sick of these dumbass people.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I asked one of the guys behind the counter, that’s all he wanted to say. Don’t know which judge, who complained, and or who owns land close by.
    Odd that they don't want to speak up since they are losing their business anyways. They under a gag order?

If they don't want to stick up for themselves that's fine, but I'd still like to know who all is involved. They can't be good for the rest of us in the county.

I found this. https://judicialrecords.wilco.org/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1815870
    It shows the plaintiffs, the judge, and a list of events, but doesn't have much detail. Looks like a jury trial is set for 10 months from now? I sure hope they are counter suing for that lost revenue.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's possible they are still fighting it and have been advised to close and STFU for the 10 fucking months they have to wait for their trial, but that's certainly not what I would do.

Oh ok, we can't have rifles anymore... In that case anyone who has a .460 and larger can shoot for free. Sorry, suppressors aren't allowed; we like the noise. Oh, you have a machine pistol? Yeah you can shoot for free, too.

Top Bottom