• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Heard a reason for BOTW closing from a friend of the family.

The family had 900 acres for sale next to the range (that is their land too). The buyer didn't want to have the range next door and was claiming breach of contract. Instead of losing the land sale or fighting lawsuits they decided to just close the range.

What I heard anyways.

Makes sense since nobody wants to publicly admit greed is the reason for doing something like this.
    Not sure how you could claim breach of contract for something you knew full well was there - unless it was in teh contract that you were shutting down operations.
    My guess is with the developers paying top dollar for a good location they just decided to get out of the rat race. Someone threw stupid amounts of money their way.

Chuck

Law Talkin' Guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Leander
    According to the court records, the judge issued an injunction which temporarily shuts it down.

I see they are still set for jury trial next year, so based on that, if the jury finds favorably, BOTW may be able to start operating again.

The developer likely listed nuisance as their cause of action if they are complaing about rounds falling out of the sky.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Would you reopen a year later? Business is dead, loyalty gone, and good will spent. Bot to mention all the money they will flush on trial, ranges aren't that profitable, even if they recoup it later, two years from now?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    According to the court records, the judge issued an injunction which temporarily shuts it down.

I see they are still set for jury trial next year, so based on that, if the jury finds favorably, BOTW may be able to start operating again.
    Right, all they have to do is keep paying their business loans and taxes and lawyers all while not taking in any money for a year, plus have enough money at the end to rehire employees and catch up on all the maintenance before reopening.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Right, all they have to do is keep paying their business loans and taxes and lawyers all while not taking in any money for a year, plus have enough money at the end to rehire employees and catch up on all the maintenance before reopening.

Yeah, that's all. I mean, who doesn't have that kind of money just laying around?

Top Bottom