• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    i havent ridden a bike in years, and my kid just learned to ride without training wheels. took him to the Leon Creek Greenway here in SA and did some geocaching while biking. 3 1/2 miles of paved trail riding and i was dead.

any guys here in SA ride?

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Gravity 29 SS Single Speed 29er Mountain Bikes
    fuPJPHQ.jpg
    DK Firearms

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I used to mountain bike a lot but haven't done so in a few years. The Leon Creek Greenway is a great place to start and there are a lot of dirt trails to explore once you've covered the the paved ones. Another good spot is the Front County at Government Canyon, it's tame enough to have fun with the kids without worrying about being too technical. The Back County is a different story, it'll tear the lugs off your tires and kick your ass if you're not prepared for it!

But don't worry, it doesn't take long before you're peddling miles with big smiles on your face. It's a great hobby, and I do miss it. I hit my zenith while stationed in Belgium, I used to bike to work nearly year-round and one year did over 700 miles! It was not only great exercise but very relaxing as well!

Maybe I'll dust off one of my Cannondales and see ya on the trails!

Cheers! M2

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    I will echo Majormadmax OP Shnable and McAllister both have decent trails too. stay away from Government Canyon back country..its deceptive going into the trails, and get extremely technical very quickly and never lets up.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'll bet you could raise that saddle height...just a guess. Some legit bike shorts or liner and some gloves(especially if off-road) would make nice V-day gifts! Good on ya for gettin back in the saddle. I managed 18 wind and cedar laden miles on Sunday...all I wanted was a nap!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Agreed, the saddle height should have you just shy of fully extending your left on the lowest part of your pedaling. If your knee extends, it's too high.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Make sure to add to your new purchase all of the Lance Armstrong skin tight bright yellow apparel that hugs your muffin top and block traffic at 5pm on the busiest road in Frisco as you fail at peddling up the 1 percent incline lol. You'll have LOTS of friends around here!

fat-cyclist.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Good stuff. Riding a bicycle is great exercise and fun too.

I need to get one again.

I used to ride with these freaks.

Austin Social Cycling - YouTube

Some obnoxious hipsters on fixies yes, but they do some cool stuff too like take blind kids on rides on two seaters. That was a blast. A blind kid was basically calling me a chicken for not going faster!

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Agreed, the saddle height should have you just shy of fully extending your left on the lowest part of your pedaling. If your knee extends, it's too high.

i just realized ive yet to meet you yet. but anyway, the "disability" in my right arm already has me leaning way over. so no extending the seat. im actually thinking of going with bmx style bars to raise them a bit. single speed and solid suspension makes for a rad "adult bmx" bike.

Top Bottom