• ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well I took advantage of a sale on the pro for 371 shipped

Never owned a high end optic and till recent havent owned a high end m4 either. Ive been told to zero in at 50 center mass and it will be where I want up to 200-250. Is that right?
    Lynx Defense

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I can't seem to find the video, but I think I remember Travis Hailey doing a good clip on a, I think, 36 yard zero for general use. Maybe someone has this in their links. It might have come from their adaptive carbine course, but I am sure I saw it somewhere else also.

edited to add, I found the original thread about this, however the video is gone.
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rifles/39709-ar-carbine-zero-distance-video-print.html
    Maybe someone can find a copy of it.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can't seem to find the video, but I think I remember Travis Hailey doing a good clip on a, I think, 36 yard zero for general use. Maybe someone has this in their links. It might have come from their adaptive carbine course, but I am sure I saw it somewhere else also.

edited to add, I found the original thread about this, however the video is gone.
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rifles/39709-ar-carbine-zero-distance-video-print.html
    Maybe someone can find a copy of it.

This is a pretty good video which shows the impact from zeroing at different distances.

I can't seem to find it either. Here's another one.

Good price on the PRO. I'm very happy with mine.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Here's another one.
    Wow.

I know you meant well, but that video was far from good. He went off-topic promoting a web site build business for minutes at a time. He promised to explain why there can be a non-intuitive rise in point of impact at longer distances when the target is further away than the zero distance...then failed to follow through on that promise. In fact, he never mentioned the impact of sight height above boreline.

And I nearly fell out when he said:
    As gravity takes over, your round tends to drop.
    Uh, no; gravity does not "take over" at some point. It's there, exerting a (for this application) constant pull on the projectile from muzzle to impact.

Colloquial phrasing among friends is fine and dandy but when you're purporting to provide information to people on how to zero a firearm, isn't a little language precision pretty much mandatory?

He managed to cram 90 seconds, at most, of information into 13 1/2 minutes of out-of-context ramblings, wildly-scrolling screenshots, and on-topic wording that was fractured, out-of-teachable-order, and just plain poorly phrased. That is an amazing feat, on multiple levels.

Everybody's a writer and publisher these days. Who killed all the editors?

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Theres a link ive found from a guy that designed targets for zeroing the pro, each square has a guide how many clicks to get center. They are free to print.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow.

I know you meant well, but that video was far from good. He went off-topic promoting a web site build business for minutes at a time. He promised to explain why there can be a non-intuitive rise in point of impact at longer distances when the target is further away than the zero distance...then failed to follow through on that promise. In fact, he never mentioned the impact of sight height above boreline.

And I nearly fell out when he said:Uh, no; gravity does not "take over" at some point. It's there, exerting a (for this application) constant pull on the projectile from muzzle to impact.

Colloquial phrasing among friends is fine and dandy but when you're purporting to provide information to people on how to zero a firearm, isn't a little language precision pretty much mandatory?

He managed to cram 90 seconds, at most, of information into 13 1/2 minutes of out-of-context ramblings, wildly-scrolling screenshots, and on-topic wording that was fractured, out-of-teachable-order, and just plain poorly phrased. That is an amazing feat, on multiple levels.

Everybody's a writer and publisher these days. Who killed all the editors?

I just found the video in place of the Magpul Dynamic guy one. I didn't watch it. Mostly I posted it for the diagram.

Glad I didn't make the video myself after your comments!

I'll try to redeem myself later.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Theres a link ive found from a guy that designed targets for zeroing the pro, each square has a guide how many clicks to get center. They are free to print.

That's a pretty standard type of target. I've never heard of one just for the PRO.

But what do I know.

viewFile.jpg

Last edited:

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Simple pic to illustrate the differences in zeroing at different distances:
    2h7j9r5.jpg

Essentially what it means is, if you zero at 50 yards, you'll be zeroed again at 200 yards and only a little high between those two points; it's probably the most useful zero for our purposes.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom