• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    So, Mr. Don't Have/Don't Need/Don't Want a Shotty changed his mind. Seems he still answers to: Mr. Don't Have/Don't Need/Don't Want an AR15 and the VR60 is just better than cheating - I hope.

Boyert brought it to George R. Brown this weekend and it just seemed wrong to force them to haul it all the way back to Westheimer. I developed a casual interest when figuring out what to get pops for Father's Day (he ultimately got a 9mm AR Pistol/laser/red dot), so it was the only blaster on my interest list. I did not expect to see one, but Boyert came through in style - I actually got the 601AB (the Plus 1) which has the aluminum forend and I got it in tan (FDE/the new black - which is my firearm color preference).

So, I have this fancy off-white shotty, but I dunno from nuth'n 'bout shotties. I did order a See All Open Sight (night, delta reticle) which will replace the carry handle/front sight. The carry handle/front sight combo is awesome, but I've been scavenging for an excuse to try out a See All so I called this that. My real question is a true noob special. I think I want a rifled barrel, but: 1) I cant find one offered by RIA or anyone else and 2) think I want is still tentative enough to learn differently. I could ask about chokes, but I know I can google that'n so I'll stick with the rifled barrel inquiry 'cause google has already failed me on that'n.

Anybody taken a serious look at these? The RIA Imports thing landed awefully quietly - seems like only 3 or 4 guys showing this on youtube. I take this to mean, it sucks and I ain't gonna be happy or it just didn't appeal to absolutely everybody so dropping it simultaneous to Ruger dropping the PCC made my score possible.

Pic proving nothing but place holding till I take mine out:
    601AB_VR60_Plus1Brown_rightprofile.jpg

Mine looks similar to this one shown by Armscor, but they have already restyled this forend giving a longer sight radius and a slightly different carry handle/peep/notch sight choice.

https://armscor.com/vr60-plus-1-brown/
    Lynx Defense

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    A rifled barrel will ruin a shot pellet pattern in a big way.
    If you intend to shoot slugs, go for it.
    Unfortunately, I don't know if a rifled barrel is made for that gun.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Thanks @single stack. Yes, I want a rifled barrel to shoot slugs. I suppose I'm just a little resistant to the idea that projectiles can fly where I point them without spinning them up.

I suppose I'll just have to hope the Turks copied from a manufacturer that offers rifled barrels. But, my rifled brain wonders why anyone would make a barrel so easy to swap but not offer replacements.

jjkukla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Richwood
    Dred,
    Take a few minutes, head on over to YouTube, and search for a video comparing the use of rifled barrel + normal slug vs. smooth barrel + rifled slug. I watched a few of these several months ago and was amazed at the outcome. Depending on your intended use, you may be just fine without the rifled barrel.
    ETA: I believe DemolitionRanch channel has a good review of this.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Dred,
    Take a few minutes, head on over to YouTube, and search for a video comparing the use of rifled barrel + normal slug vs. smooth barrel + rifled slug. I watched a few of these several months ago and was amazed at the outcome. Depending on your intended use, you may be just fine without the rifled barrel.
    ETA: I believe DemolitionRanch channel has a good review of this.

Perfect suggestion. Thank you. I'm just back from an hour or so of learn'n.

Top Bottom