• ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I have a couple of their metal ones.
    The one I put on a 10/22 is OK, but the one that went on one of my AR10s, not so much.
    Seemed way to wobbly for my liking.
    When I get done with some of my other projects, I plan on trying to shim the joints tighter.
    The Magpul one’s supposedly are designed to have that play and need a load placed on them. Loading a bipod makes them steady.

How to Load a Bipod​

Loading a bipod involves putting slight forward pressure on the legs to eliminate slack and help you stay on target. Bipods do little to minimize recoil, so you want to press forward with your firing shoulder when aiming, a process known as loading the bipod. Over time, you'll figure out exactly how much force you need to apply to keep your setup in place while firing.

Adding too much pressure on the firearm will cause the bipod to shift forward, while applying less force than you need will result in the gun bouncing. You can use two different methods to load a bipod properly:

Target Sports

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    Atlas bipod is what you seek. I have some old Harris bipods that I have used for years hunting and just shooting they hold up well. But Atlas just feels good and solid with finer movement.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Atlas bipod is what you seek. I have some old Harris bipods that I have used for years hunting and just shooting they hold up well. But Atlas just feels good and solid with finer movement.

Atlas never really impressed me, due to their mounting options not including sling studs, and being slower/having to be manually/non spring assisted.

Their 45 deg locking is good. But Harris is what I have used for years and is mounted on my bolt action rifles. If I had more modern full chassis Mlock/M1913 railed systems maybe…

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    Atlas never really impressed me, due to their mounting options not including sling studs, and being slower/having to be manually/non spring assisted.

Their 45 deg locking is good. But Harris is what I have used for years and is mounted on my bolt action rifles. If I had more modern full chassis Mlock/M1913 railed systems maybe…
    Atlas definitely has its own applications. Harris does have a few pluses for certain rifles and I will continue to use them for that reason also.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

BT81 is the answer you seek......

a340364c4c6fa93b5743bbc67166b39e.jpg

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    BT81 is the answer you seek......

a340364c4c6fa93b5743bbc67166b39e.jpg

Might have to check them out. Most of my stocks have wide front stocks. The Magpul came with two adapters and the wide rubber one flexed to fit good.

I will look into it though.

Top Bottom