• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Most of bipods have been Harris bipods. Decided to give the Magpul ones a try.

The MOE is all plastic and kind of so-so. More for a .22 or .223/5.56 AR. Their standard one is pretty good and has a few mounting options.

Guns International

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Cool, thanks for sharing. I've also always used Harris bipods but have wanted to at least try a Magpul bipod.

The non MOE one is best I think, but weight is about the same as a Harris.. More metal/aluminum parts and mounting options. The nice thing is you could use Atlas bipod foot’s on the Magpul a little easier than the Harris.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Of the harris and the magpul, which one would you pick?

I would pick the Harris, but for over 30 years I have been using them. Military trained me with the M24 using the Harris. I might have about 10 of them. They can be used with 550 cord to deploy and collapse quickly. I like that the feet when folded point up and don’t catch as east on things. But it’s what I have used so I have bias.

I will be using the Magpul on a Remington 700 chassis build I am doing. The MOE might go on a .22 or an extra in a gear bag.

If just shooting from a bench the Magpul could be good. But even over Atlas and others I like how Harris’ work for speed and ease.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Of the harris and the magpul, which one would you pick?
    For me there's no comparison.

The only complaint would be dragging the Harris backwards and the feet folding up but you'd really have to put effort into doing it.

The Magpul is a plastic piece of shit in the bipod world. Does it work? Sure, until it sees abuse. Take it to battle? Not unless you have no other option.

Spend the money on the Harris if you can swing it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I need to update this thread but here are some of my thoughts and comparisons.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have been using Atlas bipods.
    Made in the USA and very well made. A bit pricey, but a huge improvement over what I used before.
    AtlasBipod.jpg

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    For me there's no comparison.

The only complaint would be dragging the Harris backwards and the feet folding up but you'd really have to put effort into doing it.

The Magpul is a plastic piece of shit in the bipod world. Does it work? Sure, until it sees abuse. Take it to battle? Not unless you have no other option.

Spend the money on the Harris if you can swing it.
    Has it broken already or does the idea of plastic being on or a part of the gun make you think it'll break easier? I didn't even know magpul made a bipod but I've really liked the rest of their products for durability, weight, and price. Is the bipod just made cheaply?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Has it broken already or does the idea of plastic being on or a part of the gun make you think it'll break easier? I didn't even know magpul made a bipod but I've really liked the rest of their products for durability, weight, and price. Is the bipod just made cheaply?
    It hasn't broken yet but I just don't feel like it's a quality piece for the price point. It's all plastic.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    It hasn't broken yet but I just don't feel like it's a quality piece for the price point. It's all plastic.
    I hope you keep us updated on its use: like I said in my prior post; I've always liked Magpul products from magazines, grips, stocks, accessories, sights, and even 1911 grips. Yes they're [inexpensive] plastic but they've always served me well and clearly doing okay as a company on the reputation of their products. If its good its good, I don't care what material its made of, if it performs well and is less costly than the metal counterparts I do not count that as a negative. I'm tempted to get one of these magpul bipods for at least 1 of my rifles, but I wouldn't if they're cheap fragile plastic that are known to break!

Otherwise I sometimes agree with you, it feels like they look at their competition and price it at a cheaper price point but sometimes it still feels like we're being robbed. Theres no reason a plastic stock costs $250 but considering the competition starts at $350 for different materials, they're still competitively priced.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have one on a Ruger American in 7.62x39. I'm leaving the factory fde plastic stock on it, so the magpul fit color and materials. I don't shoot that rifle enough to have had any issues, but so far so good. I don't abuse my stuff, so it'll probably serve me just fine.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

You have the MOE one? To me it’s not that great as I discuss in the video. Might be good for an AR or .22. Their non MOE is not bad, with the aluminum and steel. Somewhere I saw a video of person using the Magpul on a .338. I have not heard of the MOE’s breaking, but I had to lube the plastic legs to get them to be soother.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You have the MOE one? To me it’s not that great as I discuss in the video. Might be good for an AR or .22. Their non MOE is not bad, with the aluminum and steel. Somewhere I saw a video of person using the Magpul on a .338. I have not heard of the MOE’s breaking, but I had to lube the plastic legs to get them to be soother.
    I went with the Picatinny mount just to stay consistent across all my platforms.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have one also and a harris, but I took them off of my rifles. I'm not feeling it much. Not because of what it is, because it works, but I drag out bags if I'm going to shoot from prone amd hate all the clutter on rifles.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Last year I lost an opportunity on a beautiful axis deer because I can't steady my support arm since my stroke. Even sitting, with my elbow braced on my knee, I was too spastic and the shot would have been unethical.

I put a Magpul on my rifle and now have a solid option. I like that it's light, tall enough to shoot over most pasture grass, and it's solid enough for my application. Stop, drop, and bang-FLOP!

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I have a couple of their metal ones.
    The one I put on a 10/22 is OK, but the one that went on one of my AR10s, not so much.
    Seemed way to wobbly for my liking.
    When I get done with some of my other projects, I plan on trying to shim the joints tighter.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom