• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anomie50lbdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Converse, TX
    my house backs to a greenbelt... and there are deer everywhere. i drive home from work during the rut and see an average of 4-5 deer dead on the side of the road. I've found plenty of laws and regulations pertaining to discharging a firearm in city limits, but cannot find anything about bow hunting. anyone know the specifics of San Antonio's bow hunting regulations in my specific situation?
    ARJ Defense ad

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Maybe wait a bit before calling. Someone has been shooting deer with a bow and arrow and leaving them to die on the North side lately. Wouldn't want you to become prime suspect...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Have a feeling you're gonna find all kinda laws against it - but as suggested, start w/the Game Warden. Also, check the covenents of your subdivison, etc.

Good luck, but I'm gonna bet yer gonna git a big "NYET!!!!!"

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Bowhunting unlawful according to the following. Apparently it is also illegal to throw rocks?

From
    http://library.municode.com/HTML/11508/level3/PTIICO_CH21OFMIPR_ARTIINGE.html#PTIICO_CH21OFMIPR_ARTIINGE_S21-13MI

Sec. 21-13. - Missiles.
    hyperlink.png

It shall be unlawful for any person within the city to throw stones or other missiles, or to shoot with a bow and arrow, or to shoot or discharge any stone or other missile with or from a sling or from an elastic spring.

Gun Shack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Helotes, TX
    If you are in the city limits of almost any city, then there will be one or more ordinances that will prohibit hunting or the discharging any type of weapon. Also as mentioned, there are probably recorded deed restrictions to that effect in your subdivision.

Top Bottom