• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    BOWIE COUNTY, TEXAS — During a 10-day time span starting on June 19, 2013 and ending on June 29, 2013, a residence located on Highway 67 in the Maud area around the old Crystal Springs Water Park was burglarized twice.

A large amount of ammunition, several firearms, and several other items were taken in the first break-in. The property taken in this crime has a reported value of $11,467.00.

The day after filing the first report, the homeowner returned to his house to again find someone had entered his home. This time a gun safe was forced open. Twenty-eight firearms were removed and stolen from inside this safe. The stolen firearms include both handguns and long guns that have a reported value of $27,278.00.

This brings the total dollar loss from these two burglaries to $38,745.00. Both of these cases are ongoing active investigations, but there are no suspects at this time.

The homeowner is offering up to a $10,000.00 reward for the return of all of his missing firearms, or the arrests and convictions of the suspects. Anyone with information about either of these crimes should contact Investigator David Biggar at 903.628.6815.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/crimewatch/bowie-co-sheriffs-office-offering-10000-reward-for
    Capitol Armory ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    This is what I was worried about when our home was burglarized. They clearly only took what they could grab with two quick hands, but there was so many other things that they MUST have seen while inside the house.

PapaG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Near College Station
    Forced his gun safe open... wow. I think I would look into getting a stronger-better safe. My brother has a sign on his safe door, "Black powder is stored in this safe. FYI Black powder is very explosive if you do not know. It will blow up the safe and everything around it."

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Burglars can get any safe open with enough time. The safe just buys you more time and to deter lazy burglars (which most are).
    I know someone who went through the roof of a bank and got in the vault.
    they ended up getting busted after a traffic stop yielded some of the proceeds

Top Bottom