• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    At various times, folks have called for boycotts on businesses for their anti-2A, anti-Christian, etc. stances.

Just curious if any of us have followed through.

I did quit buying Gillette products. Not a great sacrifice, admittedly.

Don't patronize Dick's Sporting Goods. Again, not really a sacrifice as I almost never visited their store anyhow.

Will probably give up my lifelong use of Levi's jeans and switch to Wrangler if Wrangler makes a decent boot jean. Don't buy jeans all that often, though.

Walmart? Kind of hard to avoid in the area where I spend a good deal of time.

Cannot remember some of the other businesses that folks called to boycott
    DK Firearms

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    oldag, you appear to be a very typical boycotter. That is just an observation, not a critique.

In my experience, most people boycott when it is convenient to do so. They are especially good at boycotting businesses and products they weren't using already. They will often cheat on their boycotts out of convenience or financial gain to themselves. That is a big reason why most boycotts fail so miserably - big talk with poor implementation.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I refuse to step foot in any Dick's for ANY reason - even if they have the sale to end all sales. Same with Cheaper Than Dirt. I haven't bought a new Ruger since Bill screwed the gun community over many years ago. And found Wrangler's that work for me - so no more Levi's. Nike? I had three of their logo's shirts....gone.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    My wife does all of the shopping, except fire arms and ammo, and I don't go to docks any more. I know she doesn't go to some stores any more but since i don't pay attention to where she shops, I don't know who she boycotts.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I stopped shopping at Dick's when they screwed over the AR-15 customers after Newtown.

I have had Levi's, but prefer Wrangler anyway (they do have boot cut).

Most of the list weren't on my shopping list, anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I don't like what Bill Ruger did either but I think Ruger as a company has more than redeemed themselves with Bill gone.

I refuse to shop at Dick's but then I never did anyway. Same with Cheaper Than Diamonds. I cancelled my Credit Karma account after their CEO signed a letter with many other CEOs demanding more gun control. I own Levi's jeans but I'm not going to buy more of them.

I'm not big on organized boycotting because they rarely work but I'm not going to knowingly support organizations demanding and working toward gun control if I can help it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Most boycotts are of/for products or companies I don’t support already, but that’s because I don’t value in the product/company to begin with.

While I’m not solely a price shopper, most ‘activist’ companies have to charge more to generate the scratch to pay for their activism. That’s not a value proposition to me, so I generally won’t pay extra for the name for the name’s sake.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Stores that I used to visit on occasion but no more:
    Dick's
    Cheaper than Dirt

Stores that I struggle to keep my family away from as they did nothing for me:
    Target
    Nike

Gun manufacturers still on my shit list:
    Springfield
    Rock River Arms

Brands I never bought anyways:
    Yeti
    Benchmade
    Troy (hired guys from Ruby Ridge right?)

I also quit using Gillette and won't buy more Levi's.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    oldag, you appear to be a very typical boycotter. That is just an observation, not a critique.

In my experience, most people boycott when it is convenient to do so. They are especially good at boycotting businesses and products they weren't using already. They will often cheat on their boycotts out of convenience or financial gain to themselves. That is a big reason why most boycotts fail so miserably - big talk with poor implementation.
    With regard to Walmart, I have to plead guilty.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Walmart is right down the road from me whereas other retailers of similar products are no closer than 30 minute drive. I stopped shopping there months back when that list came out detailing the 100+ companies who were concertedly putting money into "gun control". Bye bye Levi's, Wally's, (Tom's for the wife)...

Convenience means nothing when we continue to see our rights erode.

Challenge, however, is the growing number of companies following suit with the anti-2A mob mentality.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I refuse to even open the web page for Cheaper than dirt, the only way I'll ever buy anything from them again is at their going out of business sale. Dick's has nothing to interest me anymore anyway. I always wore Nike's until a few months ago when I bought some other brand and threw away the Nike's. They were wore out, so don't think I was doing any virtue signaling or anything. I'll never buy another Benchmade knife, but I'm not going to stop carrying the ones I have until they break or wear out. I've always worn Wranglers instead of Levi's, and I've gotten the wife where she shops at HEB more than Walmart now, but I think that is more to shut me up than anything else. So I guess I pretty much stick to what I plan on boycotting.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I refuse to even open the web page for Cheaper than dirt, the only way I'll ever buy anything from them again is at their going out of business sale. Dick's has nothing to interest me anymore anyway. I always wore Nike's until a few months ago when I bought some other brand and threw away the Nike's. They were wore out, so don't think I was doing any virtue signaling or anything. I'll never buy another Benchmade knife, but I'm not going to stop carrying the ones I have until they break or wear out. I've always worn Wranglers instead of Levi's, and I've gotten the wife where she shops at HEB more than Walmart now, but I think that is more to shut me up than anything else. So I guess I pretty much stick to what I plan on boycotting.
    Virtue signalling whiner!

Top Bottom