Venture Surplus ad

Boyert Shooting Center Katy (formerly Tactical Firearms)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I was in the neighborhood today so I stopped by to check it out now that the new management is in charge.

While the signage still says Tacitcal, all the employees were wearing Boyert Shooting Center shirts. The store and range looked the same, but with more inventory (albeit not much) than was in there before. There is plans for expansion and hopefully more inventory will follow.

A good number of the employees I recognized from the previous owners. Which is good because the ones I have dealt with (and are still there) are knowledgeable, polite, and very helpful. No mall ninjas to be seen with chips on their shoulders.

I managed to chat for about 10 minutes with the store manager who was kept on by the new management. He informed me that everyone that stayed is happier now than they every have been. He personally was apparently promised raises for 3 years and never received them. He confirmed that the former owner was too inexperienced to be running an operation like that. Also as he put it, "a kid should never be allowed to have access to that size bank account." Citing all of the trips and personal expenses that were paid for by the company. After being in banking for 20 years, I have seen many businesses like this where the owner takes all the money out and doesn't reinvest it in the company. It usually ends the way it did for Tactical.

He also said that sales have been much better than under previous management. Range fees are still $20 an hour but will be reduced to $16 in the next several weeks. I am going to try and get by there soon to do some pistol shooting to support them. I encourage those in the area to do the same.

MK

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia
    Guns International

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Then wed expect to see you there
    I will take pics as proof when it happens.

I got a new SIG P938 that needs a few more rounds thru it for break in. Was gonna go today, but Boss Lady said, "Oh I will come and we can have lunch at the Thai place next door."

Had to abort my shooting portion.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Lol! Next time I'm in town (probably anytime on the weekends within the next month or so) I'll hit it up. I'm in the middle of a project to restore this 1940 Mauser 98K at the moment, so money's a little iffy for travel back home (still won't be out of the service for a few months).

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Does anyone know if they have any ammo restriction other than brass only? Specifically I want make sure they still allow lead ammo. Some indoor places are getting to be picky about that...

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Does anyone know if they have any ammo restriction other than brass only? Specifically I want make sure they still allow lead ammo. Some indoor places are getting to be picky about that...
    Not sure.

The manager did mention that they will be shutting the range for a few days in order to do lead abatement. That can't be cheap, so it could be coming.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    imagejpeg
    This guy still working there?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom