• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have not looked in on Boyert since they changed their name from the place that shall not be mentioned. A browse through the showroom impressed me with the changes that were made.

The ammo is no longer behind the counter. Accessories are also now easy to pick up and handle from the wall mounted inventory. I was quite surprised that they had lots of bricks of 525 Remington, and Federal .22LR for sale for $25. Some of the other premium rifle ammo was higher priced, but not too bad.

The gun inventory is not what I would call extensive, but many practical models were present at prices I would expect to see in a gun store. Mostly nicely equipped AR's.

Today for Valentines day you could bring in a stuffed animal to shoot on the range. I saw what was left of one that was hit by a 12 ga shotgun. It seemed like an odd way to share your Valentines with your sweetie, but to each there own. They offered it as a way to clear out the endless stacks of stuffed animals you may have collected over the years. I would have found it tough to negotiate the release of one of ours from the kids for that purpose... ;)
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Glad to hear the report.

I was in there a couple weeks ago and was informed that they were fixing to put out over 350 new firearms that had just come in. Didn't get back by there to validate. Will have to pop in maybe Monday on the way home from the office.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Nice report.

Things are slowly getting better here in Dirty 'ol SA.

Found some Winchester "Red Rattlers" .22 LR at Academy, and a Bucket of Bullets at Bass Pro yesterday -- picked up a box of "555" Winnies at Academy this morning.

Get all the M885 you can while it is on the shelf. Looks like all the on-line sources are sold out.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    I shot there the other day, kinds steep at $23 for an hour, but it was enroute to my next destination.

I had 3 lanes to myself, it was 3pm on a thurs, RO was young Asian kid, he was enamored w my h&k, I let him shoot a few rounds.

I talked w their gunsmith, he was a little all knowing but not over the top.

They had a reasonable price on the VP9 LE package, $735 incl tax, had a few available

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I was talking with the store manager about a month ago. He indicated that the range fees were going to be reduced to $15/hour in the future.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Went in just now for s**ts and giggles. Selection is much better (as far as guns go) than before.

Got to meet John Boyert. Nice guy with a good plan.

Almost walked out with a Ruger SR45. Nice looking and feeling pistol, for a reasonable price.

Top Bottom