Target Sports

Brandon Webb SOFREP.com editor intends to run for the NRA BOD...Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't know who that guy is, but I wouldn't vote for him for any office. In that blog post, he tangentially intimated that gun ownership was as outmoded as slavery. He explicitly played the "think of the children" card. For me, the deliberate deployment of that sort of obfuscations is intellectually dishonest or, more charitably, jaw-droppingly addlepated, enough to disqualify him from consideration.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That post, at least at that time (January), shows he fell for the sensationalism of the left hook line and sinker. There is no "problem". As the actual statistics have shown, there has actually been a substantial DECREASE in murders over the past couple of decades, and over the past roughly half century as well. We are already going in that right direction, at least in certain areas. Mass casualty / active shooter attacks are unfortunate and horrible, but the fact remains that there is not one shred of actual fact to show that they are on the rise substantially, or reaching "epidemic" proportions as the left would have you believe. In point and fact, there have been active shooter situations going back well over 50 years, including domestic BOMBINGS by American citizens as far back as I believe ~60-70+ years. The difference is really a matter of how everything is being reported, and how SHORT the American attention span is, as well as our own lack of memory for recent history.

There is no need for "compromise", and it's a sham concept at that. There is need for continued action to keep us going in the right direction. Action along the lines of improving the acknowledgement and protection of civil liberties related to defense and firearm/weapon ownership, carry, and general self defense. This includes legislation to repeal archaic laws that hinder these civil liberties. This includes new legislation to allow for improved protection in schools, armed personnel and officers where necessary and where desired by voters, etc. We don't need to compromise with the left, as quite simply WE are the experts on the matter of defense and the 2A. They bring absolutely NOTHING to the table. Compromise is like saying a subject matter expert should compromise with a layman, clearly diluting the value and effect of anything the subject matter expert brings to the table. This would be like allowing leftists with no knowledge of firearms whatsoever dictating the what, where, when and how you should teach firearm safety. They don't have a clue what they are talking about, therefore their position should be to shut their mouths and defer to the experts. THAT is the compromise I'm willing to accept.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    We don't need to compromise with the left, as quite simply WE are the experts on the matter of defense and the 2A. They bring absolutely NOTHING to the table. Compromise is like saying a subject matter expert should compromise with a layman, clearly diluting the value and effect of anything the subject matter expert brings to the table. This would be like allowing leftists with no knowledge of firearms whatsoever dictating the what, where, when and how you should teach firearm safety. They don't have a clue what they are talking about, therefore their position should be to shut their mouths and defer to the experts. THAT is the compromise I'm willing to accept.

Gist of the (brief) conversation from the couple across from me at a dinner party last week:

"We voted for Obama because we thought it was time we had a black President, and we are going to vote for Hillary because we think it is time we had a woman President."

You're dead on, there is NO compromise possible with that empty headed mentality.

Top Bottom