Brass Juice: No more Stainless Pins for ME!!!

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
Jan 9, 2013
San Angelo
I saw Brass Juice Case Wash advertised as good for cleaning brass WITHOUT using stainless steel pins and thought: What the heck? Worst that could happen is I might have to tumble a load twice, so why not?

I ordered Monday, and it arrived at the house Wednesday at 9 am. $20 for 1 quart with shipping.

UCZURTnhRZKirEkBOxL4fw.jpg

It is green, and has neither a harsh smell, nor is it hard on my fingers... seems pretty tame, overall.

I emptied the steel pins out of my Thumblers Tumbler black barrel, and filled it about 1/2 way with dirty .40 S&W cases:
XndUhqt8RhyntvBfy4C7Ow.jpg

Attachments

rmantoo

Jan 9, 2013
San Angelo
I used 1/2 ounce (about a tablespoon). Ran 3 batches using the same water/brass juice, and the 3rd came out just as shiny as the first.

If you only use 1/2 ounce, that's $0.30 per load... with 3 batches, that drops it to $0.10 per load.

I should probably add that I only ran these for 30 minutes. I'm pretty confident that if I'd let it go an hour or so that they'd be that much cleaner...but I don't care about perfectly clean INSIDE of the brass... so this is great for me, as is.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Have you tried your normal wash without any pins?

I have heard of some guys having great luck with their normal mix without the pins.

rmantoo

Jan 9, 2013
San Angelo
Have you tried your normal wash without any pins?

I have heard of some guys having great luck with their normal mix without the pins.
Not yet... now that you asked, I'm going to do my next batch (probably not until this weekend with just dawn and lemi shine... I'll update this thread when I do.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I really like the little pods for the dishwasher. The have soap and a spot free rinse agent all in one. Just toss one in with hot water and turn it on.

Haven’t tried without the pins though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom