• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Posted this on another gunboard, thought it can help out some people who have been looking for info on CZ pistols.

With the current bit of CZ love going on, and very little amount of information on them compared to other brands, I thought it would be helpful to put together a little How-To on taking apart the CZ sp01 Tactical. This information would carry over to the P01, and in some parts over to any of the CZ 75 Series.

CZ's are great pistol, are very well priced, and great shooters. However, they do come from the factory a bit rough around the edges on the internals compared to a lot of other guns on the market. This does not effect there reliablity, or overall function. With a couple hours of work, about $140 worth of parts from Cajun Gun Works, you can have a great SA trigger, and smooth out and lighten the DA pull.

Just to put it out there, a lot of what I did is following some of the guides on the CZ forms, which I will link at the end of the post. I will admit, they have some better pictures, and may work better for you.

Parts used on my gun: CGW trigger kit #4, CGW lightened mainspring, FPB spring, FP spring, CGW floating trigger pin.

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING CLEAR THE GUN, REMOVE AMMUNITION FROM YOUR AREA

Polishing areas are for any of the CZ75 Series, along with removal of the trigger/trigger bar\
    Removal/rebuilding the sear cage is specific to the CZ75 SP01 Tactical, but the p01, and any other decocker model, is very similar with the exception of a spacer used to the left of the sear cage

Field strip the gun. If you cant do this, put down the firearm, and call a gunsmith. Remove the grip panels, and mainspring ( sorry no pictures ). To Do this, press the lanyard against a hard surface, and tap out the pins on the grip. Remove the Mag brake, and the spring should come out easily.

Remove right side decocking lever. Yes, believe it or not, I had a brain dead moment the first time doing this and couldnt get it off. Simply use a small punch to push up the center section and wiggle the lever off
    IMG_0775.jpg

Next, remove the decoker lever, you will need to slide a spring out of the channel to get it to come out. It should come out just by pushing, DO NOT use a hammer/punch. If it isnt coming out, you havent moved the spring.

leverover.jpg

After removing the decocker, Your going to knock out the sear cage pin. If the first time, this pin is going to be a PITA to get out, at least on mine the pin was stalked in. I used a starter punch provided by CGW to do this, and used a roll of packaging tape to brace the gun. Its going to take a couple good smacks to get it started. If you are using a starter punch, switch to a 1/16 punch to fully remove the pin.

searcagepin.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

At this point, many people use a slave pin to keep the sear cage assembly together. I dont...pop out the sear cage, it will fall apart so be sure not to lose a part. This will be the fun part later to come.

IMG_0793.jpg

Next, remove the trigger and trigger bar by popping out the trigger pin. This is another pin that you will basically have to maul to get out, I suggest replacing it with a CGW trigger pin. This will make it MUCH easier to break down the gun later if you wish to do more polishing/trigger work. Be sure to put a rag on top of where the trigger return spring is, it will fly out with some force if you don't.

IMG_0781.jpg
    Lynx Defense

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Now, polishing the trigger bar. I use a combination of 600, 1000, 1500 grit sandpapers, and a dremel with a polsihing wheel and some high grade polishing compound. The point of this is NOT to remove tooling marks, because some will be very deep, but instead to smooth out the surface so the metal parts can glide over each other. This is going to get a lot of the grit out of the trigger

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

I also polish the bottom of the sear cage.

IMG_0794.jpg

So after polishing the trigger bar, to reassemble I use the CGW trigger pin, since the old pin be basically dead. To make this a bit easier, on the longer arm of the trigger return spring, there will be a very slight bend. Using needle nose pliers, I give it a VERY SLIGHT added bend. place the trigger bar and trigger back into place, and pre-set the trigger by slightly putting in the trigger pin to hold in place. Place the trigger return spring back into place, with the long arm going into the slot on the frame, and the shorter arm going into the trigger. I use the back of my punch to push the spring into place, and then push the pin through.

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Next up : putting the sear cage back together. The joyful part of the job.

First part, making a slave pin. I use a trimmed Q tip, sized just under the width of the sear care.
    IMG_0796.jpg

Using this cart from CZ-USA to help align the parts we are going to start reassembling the cage by pulling back the slave pin to the LEFT side of the cage, and working to the right.

CZ75Diagram.jpg

Decocker and sear on so far, this is were it gets fun

IMG_0797.jpg

Adding the springs. Go slow, be patienent. Its very frustrating if you have fat thumbs. I usually use a pair of tweezers to get the springs in place. DO NOT try to "spring" the springs yet...that comes later. Just get them in place.

IMG_0798.jpg

When putting back on the FPB, be sure to place the spring correctly.

IMG_0800.jpg

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    This should be what it looks like. Remember that spring I said not to spring, were going to do it now.

IMG_0802.jpg

Using a small screw driver, or blade, pull the hook over the first leg of the sear.
    IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

Next, do the same to hook it on the decocker. You can pull out the slave pin slightly to give yourself some flex to do this, just carefuller it doesn't fly apart on you.

IMG_0805.jpg

Bam, should look like this. The FPB and decocking lever should have tension on them if you press against them

IMG_0801.jpg

Place the sear cage back into the frame, BE SURE THE HAMMER IS PLACED CORRECTLY IN RELATION TO THE SEAR. The first time I did this, the hammer was over the sear, and I chipped the sear trying to get it to fit.

Using a small hammer, gently tap the pin back through the frame. You may need to place some pressure against the springs/sear to get the pin to align and go threw easily.

IMG_0806.jpg

The reassembly is basically backwards of what we did earlier. This is my first time doing any sort of write up like this, I apologize if stuff isnt clear. Feel free to PM or post for clarification so I can update this.

-Z

This information was pulled from a few threads from the CZ forms.
    Smoothing the Action

For all you trigger pull modding Masters

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Theres not much out there on them. Only one decent video on youtube. There is a couple good threads on czforums, but they dont get a whole lot of traffic.

Hope this helps guys.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Thank you for posting this. I have an SP01 Tactical in .40. I was contemplating sending it off to Angus at CZ forum. Now I don't have to. Thanks Again.
    Not a problem. If you are near the San Marcos area and need a hand let be know.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Just a heads up, this info also works for the CZ sp01 Phantom, 75 BD models, p01, and the RAMI 2075 BD (at least someone with one said it worked!).

It will NOT APPLY to any of the Omega trigger system guns, like the p07, or cz 75 Omega.

Top Bottom