• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Started my journey in August of this year. So far I've lost 35 lbs, from 225+ to about 190. I'm 6' and haven't seen this weight for about 10 years. The trickiest part for me has been staying consistent with workouts though I do try to get an hour on the treadmill daily jogging, walking or both. There is another challenge which is organizing actual workouts into upper body, legs, core, etc. and forcing myself to take rest days.

Diet has played a big role as well, eating more fruits and veggies, but damnit I really miss a good apple fritter. Haha
    Target Sports

SoThrowedMex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2022
    Houston, TX
    I'm smart enough to know what a person means when they say the word breakfast and I think "most" of us in this thread are. But there is always "that guy" in every group..
    Wasn't trying to insult anyones intelligence in here. I was just speaking from personal experience when I was doing IF. I would tell people what it was and what it consisted of and the 1st thing I would always get is the good ole "Why are you skipping breakfast? Breakfast is the most important part of the day" spill lol

So, then I would have to go into it in more details on how the cereal companies coined that phrase to profit on people buying their cereals and breakfast bars.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For decades (since a youth), I did not eat breakfast. Just lunch and supper. Some years ago, doc said that was not good for blood sugar.

So I started eating a little something (low carb breakfast bar) for breakfast.

Problem is the breakfast I love is too many carbs and calories (biscuits, pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon sausage).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    For decades (since a youth), I did not eat breakfast. Just lunch and supper. Some years ago, doc said that was not good for blood sugar.

So I started eating a little something (low carb breakfast bar) for breakfast.

Problem is the breakfast I love is too many carbs and calories (biscuits, pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon sausage).

Do you think I wouldn't eat that if I could, instead of what I do.

:green:

datguy0997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Houston
    Every body is different.
    I skip breakfast some days and have full course meal in others.
    I'm a firm believer in calories in vs calories out, regardless of actual time of consumption.

The .8-1 lb of protein based on bodyweight per day to me is overblown.
    If you can get there, fine...but don't beat yourself up over it daily.

Google satiating foods and try to consume those on the higher end of the scale to keep you full longer.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm a firm believer in calories in vs calories out, regardless of actual time of consumption.
    That is over-simplified to the point of error. It doesn't account for all the other things that can change in a body while reducing calories. The only way that's a correct statement is if it's preceded with the right disclaimer, i.e. - "Assuming everything else remains the same, calories in vs. calories out is determinative."

But everything else never remains the same.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That is over-simplified to the point of error. It doesn't account for all the other things that can change in a body while reducing calories. The only way that's a correct statement is if it's preceded with the right disclaimer, i.e. - "Assuming everything else remains the same, calories in vs. calories out is determinative."

But everything else never remains the same.
    Good answer Ben

CICO is a flawed scientific model.
    But can be somewhat useful in helping people begin to understand the basics of weight loss.
    It does not account for TEF..thermal effect of feeding nor the different hormone responses from different foods and nothing for the effects of ultra-processed food effects on the mitochondria itself.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It does not account for...
    Since there's so much talk about diabetes on this board, I'd also point out drugs. Actos, for example, was a perfect and terrible thing for me. It completely, almost miraculously, and immediately normalized my blood sugar. Unfortunately, it made me pack on fat quicker than I ever had in my life even though I was eating far fewer calories of better quality food and started exercising more.

More simply, I've personally experienced fewer calories producing lots more fat.

For that reason, the simple observation of "calories in, calories out" without context and disclaimers hits me like nails on a chalkboard.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    sleep late and your first meal is... what?
    1677170738451.png

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Used to never eat breakfast. Have switched to taking a casein protein shake with raw oats in it. Been working well

JonathanM

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2023
    San antonio
    Breakfast is very important imo - starts the metabolism for the day and tells your body it's time to wake up. I have it within the first 30 minutes of waking. It's light though - just a protein shake. Then off to the gym and career work once I'm home

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom