• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Generally, I find that if the waitress can speak English, the taqueria probably isn't very good. But I've had some great meals, including great breakfasts, at places where I was reduced to pointing to pictures on the menu.
    I know enough Spanish to cover the food I like. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t speak Spanish, but 80% of the Spanish words I know are food related.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I know enough Spanish to cover the food I like.
    I used to think I did. But then I had enough experiences of waitresses nearly injuring themselves trying to contain their laughter at the way I slaughtered the language.

Nope. Better for me to point at pictures.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Plastic omelet maker from Walmart that can be used in a microwave?

Sounds like it may be far less messy than the usual way of making an omelet, maybe, I hope......

Please, a photo so I'll know what to look for. My imagination about such a kitchen gadget is sorely wanting...

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I typically don't do breakfast Mon-Fri. I eat dinner usually around 7-8pm. I fast until lunch the next day.

Weekend is game on for breakfast with the family. I make a mean omelet... and yes I flip it... without any tools or gadgets.

Like all the other meals... I don't discriminate. I'm serious about my food and will damn near eat anything.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Couple or three eggs, lots of hot sauce, a diced onion, seasoned salt, cook it to kinda' like an omelet, then shred some cheese slices over it for about the last two or three minutes (and more hot sauce). And another big mug of coffee. It almost keeps me awake! :green:

ETA: The above is good anytime of day or night! Oh, and some fat, hot, buttered toast!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm on a restricted carb intake due to pre diabetes.
    I break 6 eggs into a bowl, only keep 1 yolk.
    Stir and stick in the microwave for 2.5 minutes, remove and put on the plate, then add salt, pepper and cheese.
    Two turkey sausage patties and I'm golden.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    My 32oz yeti mug filled with bulletproof coffee every day. I’m usually not hungry until supper time.

I’ll eat lunch maybe once a week, if nothing else, just to hang out with my colleagues. There’s always a lot of laughs.

On weekends I might have some breakfast with the family.

We do make breakfast for supper a couple times a month. It’s always a treat.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Plastic omelet maker from Walmart that can be used in a microwave?
    Sounds like it may be far less messy than the usual way of making an omelet, maybe, I hope......
    Please, a photo so I'll know what to look for. My imagination about such a kitchen gadget is sorely wanting...

I use the Emson Egg'N Omelet Microwave Omelet Cooker. SKU# is 80313 0625.

The omelet cooker is found in the cookware area at WW. They cost about $4 and last a long time. They also carry plastic covers to cover plates in the microwave. They work great in keeping the appliance clean! They are all in the same area at WW. Been using them for years!

I tried to post just the site address but it kept displaying the Utube flick. It shows the omelet maker in action.

Flash

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Im just a breakfast guy. Mornin, noon, night, doesnt matter. Type?...doesnt matter. Bacon and eggs, waffles, SOS, all good,

I start at 7, do rounds and operations etc. About 9:00 it starts to set in on me and its time to refuel. One of the recent places is a new taquria thats opened. I love chorizo and theirs is really good. Also hand made corn tortillas and gorditas. Man-o-man, good stuff.

One of my favorites is at "The Egg & I" (big cities) I think its called "Parisian Benedict", Eggs benedict on a croissant, real home fried taters, Mmmmm.
    They do good...well well worth it.
    Which taqueria? I'm looking for an alternative to Sonic.....

My typical "on the road" breakfast is a toasted & buttered bagel, 4 pieces of JD turkey sausage, and an applesauce pouch. If I have time, I'll get a grilled cheese w/bacon at Sonic (don't care for their eggs). On weekends and evenings, I'll cook bacon or pork sausage on the Foreman and use the drippings to make gravy for biscuits. My wife also makes awesome waffles.

I love breakfast....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have started making my own breakfast tacos now. I have a comal I use to heat the tortilla. I precook a package of good bacon, have some roll sausage and a roll of pork chorizo. For the chorizo and sausage, I heat them in the pan till done and pour the scrambled eggs on top and scramble them. I reheat the bacon for about 30 secs in the microwave and put a slice or two on top the eggs. of the scrambled After I turn over the Tortilla I add a slice of cheese to it put it to the side on a paper towel. When the eggs are done I put them on the tortilla and wrap it up. Use a paper towel or two under it because the juice will run out the bottom sometimes. I buy the bigger tortillas which makes it easier to wrap.
    You could also dice up some potatoes if you like them or buy some prepackaged has browns. Sometimes I add some Pace Picante Sauce or Rolands Pineapple Chili Sauce. Dice some peppers of your persuasion and put in the fridge to add to it also.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Too much trouble. :green: I'd just dump it all in a blender and chop it up good. :banana:
    Blender? I resemble that remark.

As a diabetic, this is very bad for me so I don't do it often but yesterday I had an old standby breakfast from many years ago. Recipe:
    1. In a blender, add
      • 1/4 cup of fiber,
      • 2 scoops of strawberry-flavored protein powder,
      • 1 pound of frozen strawberries, and
      • 12 ounces orange juice.
    2. Blend until smooth.
    3. Optional steps for most people:
      • Throw away your garbage blender when the motor burns out.
      • Air out the kitchen to get rid of the smoke and smell.
      • Get a decent blender.
      • Repeat previous steps.
    If your health allows that sort of massive sugar dump, it's like a strawberry shake for breakfast. When I was a kid, most people would have even believed it was a healthy, low-fat way to eat. It's too bad we know better nowadays. :)

On a serious note, if you delete the juice and fruit and make it with water, ice, and the juice of a lemon, it's tolerable in taste without all the sugar. But sometimes you just can't bring yourself to eat healthy, amirite?

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Blender? I resemble that remark.

As a diabetic, this is very bad for me so I don't do it often but yesterday I had an old standby breakfast from many years ago. Recipe:
    1. In a blender, add
      • 1/4 cup of fiber,
      • 2 scoops of strawberry-flavored protein powder,
      • 1 pound of frozen strawberries, and
      • 12 ounces orange juice.
    2. Blend until smooth.
    3. Optional steps for most people:
      • Throw away your garbage blender when the motor burns out.
      • Air out the kitchen to get rid of the smoke and smell.
      • Get a decent blender.
      • Repeat previous steps.
    If your health allows that sort of massive sugar dump, it's like a strawberry shake for breakfast. When I was a kid, most people would have even believed it was a healthy, low-fat way to eat. It's too bad we know better nowadays. :)

On a serious note, if you delete the juice and fruit and make it with water, ice, and the juice of a lemon, it's tolerable in taste without all the sugar. But sometimes you just can't bring yourself to eat healthy, amirite?
    I am a diabetic also. There is a pineapple orange fruit juice that is pretty low on carbs. I get it at HEB. It is Old Orchard Healthy Balance it only has about 4-5 carbs per 8 oz. https://oldorchard.com/products/product-line/healthy-balance

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I eat a sausage patty, egg , slice of chees for breakfast on the weekdays. I cook them in the microwave with one of them egg cookers they work great. weekends Bacon, eggs and Hashbrowns

Top Bottom