• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I should have took a picture! I instructed the wife on the fine art of breakfast sammichs! Took a 1# roll of Jimmy Dean regular roll sausage & cut it into 1/3. Then flattened it out between wax paper to about an 1/8 inch thick patty. This will make a very large saucer sized patty.

Because the patty is so large frying them were out of the question. On a large cookie sheet sprayed with Pam the patties went into a 400 degree oven, getting turned once. A single slice of American cheese then melted on top.

Lightly toasted hamburger buns hold the patty with cheese, then topped with a fried egg. I opted for my eggs fried hard, while the wife went over easy, I went hard because I didn’t want to clean yolk out of my beard.

Being the pig I am I ate 2. It will hold me until the smoked pork belly is done later on ! Now off to clean & fire the Kamado.
    Gun Zone Deals

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Breakfast on a bun. Out here we can't buy individual buns so we end up with 2 stray buns out of ever 8 pack of hamburger buns we buy. When fast food joint first started doing breakfast on a bun I thought it was stupid! After all biscuits, english muffins or toast is more about breakfast.

Being the cheap ass dude I am, I started making breakfast on the stray leftover buns. I have to say I like them over the traditional things for a breakfast sammich. Biscuits can be to crumbly, muffins to small & toast leaves to many crumbs in my beard.

I think the best ones so far were made with really thin 1/3 pounds of Jimmy Dean regular sausage, with a fried hard egg with American cheese. The buns need to be toasted ever so lightly. This morning the wife made bacon & egg w/ American cheese that were great too.

I'll have to try one with Spam! The wife absolutely will not eat Spam. I'm think the guys I worked the renfest with would be totally down with them.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Breakfast on a bun. Out here we can't buy individual buns so we end up with 2 stray buns out of ever 8 pack of hamburger buns we buy. When fast food joint first started doing breakfast on a bun I thought it was stupid! After all biscuits, english muffins or toast is more about breakfast.

Being the cheap ass dude I am, I started making breakfast on the stray leftover buns. I have to say I like them over the traditional things for a breakfast sammich. Biscuits can be to crumbly, muffins to small & toast leaves to many crumbs in my beard.

I think the best ones so far were made with really thin 1/3 pounds of Jimmy Dean regular sausage, with a fried hard egg with American cheese. The buns need to be toasted ever so lightly. This morning the wife made bacon & egg w/ American cheese that were great too.

I'll have to try one with Spam! The wife absolutely will not eat Spam. I'm think the guys I worked the renfest with would be totally down with them.
    Find a good smoked thick-sliced ham....it'll change your life....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    I used to basically do breakfast all day; eggs were super cheap and I needed as much protein as I could get. I think my favorite think I used to make was jalapeno cheddar biscuits with gravy, two over easy eggs on top and then hashbrowns on top of that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I used to basically do breakfast all day; eggs were super cheap and I needed as much protein as I could get. I think my favorite think I used to make was jalapeno cheddar biscuits with gravy, two over easy eggs on top and then hashbrowns on top of that.
    Add a patty of spicy sausage or chorizo to that, I'd be sitting in your front yard waiting for one!

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Sitting down and eating, I like sausage gravy. But many times in the past, my breakfast meals were grab and go cause I was working, or heading to a service call. Hard to eat biscuits and gravy while driving! But a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit, I could eat one-handed while driving.
    I like making sausage, egg and cheese waffle sandwiches.:banana:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have used the waffle iron to make corn bread in. Then on top of that I laddled on various chicken casseroles. The corn bread waffles hold up great.

I have used the waffle iron to make corn bread in. Then on top of that I laddled on various chicken casseroles. The corn bread waffles hold up great.
    Not something I would normally have for breakfast, but that does sound pretty good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Crumble bacon or sausage in the batter & top with eggs. Jalapeños & cheese with sausage gravy.

You want to go crazy rinse off black beans with jalapeños & cheese in the batter, top with Mexican creama & eggs.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Sausage and bacon are okay for breakfast, ribeye steak is nice too but nothing beats some thick slices of Kassler liverwurst cooked in butter in a pan until brown & crispy outside. Add to that three or four loosely scrambled eggs (in butter), or sunny side up eggs, a few slices of toasted corn rye or light (color not calorie count) Lithuanian rye bread slathered in Kerry Gold butter and home fries with onions (also fried in butter) or some warm German potato salad (no mayo but vinegar and oil with onions & cukes) and that is an excellent breakfast. A real veal bratwurst (none of those Boar's Head or Johnson brats PLEASE unless butcher shop/smokehouse ones not available) added to the mix makes it so much better.

A couple of good slices of black pudding, likewise amount of white pudding slices, a couple of imported Irish bangers, a heaping helping of home fries with onions, and 3 or 4 eggs as above and you have another truly excellent breakfast.

Now thems is good eats. Of course, when out of those ingredients or steak or bacon or sausage - Spam will make do, I suppose.

Top Bottom