• ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I have talked to his lawyer. He is doing his job and doing it well

Believe me, the mentally incompetent defense is damn near impossible to get.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    You talked to the shooter’s lawyer?

I have other questions but I want to ensure you are saying what it appears to be.

ETA: Not case specific, just general questions.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have talked to his lawyer. He is doing his job and doing it well

Believe me, the mentally incompetent defense is damn near impossible to get.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    To anyone who sees this because it jumped to the top of your feed, this was Sean's last post.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    To anyone who sees this because it jumped to the top of your feed, this was Sean's last post.
    I offer my condolences. Apparently he passed before I arrived and I missed the chance to know someone special.
    If you would care to share some things about him, I'd be interested in knowing more about him.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    From the times I spent with him, very cool guy. Had some very cool gun stuff and liked to share. Always had a ready smile at the range too. Very down to earth guy.
    A huge asset to the forum.

Indeed, he was a huge asset.

I offer my condolences. Apparently he passed before I arrived and I missed the chance to know someone special.
    If you would care to share some things about him, I'd be interested in knowing more about him.

Happy to.

For the new folks, Sean was an attorney who did lots of work of various types but was well-known for setting up trusts. If you wanted a trust to obtain NFA items, you couldn't hire a better person to set it up and mentor you through the process.

He liked fine guns, fine watches, fine cigars and living a life that most of us would envy. Yet he was a down-to-earth, git-'er-done, family-first kind of guy at the same time.

I remember spending time with him at the Gun Rights Policy Conference when it was held in Houston a few years ago. There he was, quietly taking video of the whole thing as background. He was educating himself to stay on top of current and coming trends in legislation and gun rights. That was him - always on top of things.

His postings on TGT tended to be short and to the point. His expertise and ability to spot BS earned him a spot as a moderator.

He is sorely missed.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben, are you ok?

Like always, more or less, yeah. To be honest, Linda's deterioration has started to impact her cognitive abilities and I'm more than a little down about that. I guess that's what prompted me to put Sean in a new user group even though he passed so long ago; I'm just ruminating on the transitory nature of life.

Don't sweat it. I'll come through it like I always do.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, Sean was a really good guy. We spent many an hour talking via phone or email, and he was always ready to lend a hand....even when a certain member of this forum got called by the ATF for having sold a gun that ended up in Mexico.

The outcome, for those of you hand wringers always wanting BOS's and such useless crap....it was a non-event on the part of the forum member. He told them what he could recall about the sale and they moved on. IMO, a BOS would likely have simply complicated the entire mess.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Like always, more or less, yeah. To be honest, Linda's deterioration has started to impact her cognitive abilities and I'm more than a little down about that. I guess that's what prompted me to put Sean in a new user group even though he passed so long ago; I'm just ruminating on the transitory nature of life.

Don't sweat it. I'll come through it like I always do.
    Nice to see the user group/banner thing under his name. I owed him a call. Never had a chance to get to know him very well, but he sure sounds like I'd have valued that.

Top Bottom