• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I can't find an answer to a simple question!!

Is 'permitless-carry' for just OPEN or Concealed also?

I have LTC so I really don't have a personal dog in the fight but........

It's for both. You have the RIGHT to carry - period. There will be restrictions (just as there are for LTC), but just as for LTC, you can bet that there will be ongoing efforts to expand the places you can legally carry.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Even better - sooner or later, they'll get tired of having to intall and maintain 'em.

i used to have business card size notifications that I would give to the managers of places that had both 30.06 and 30.07 signs up that said that I and others would not do business with them and that they are loosing money because of their policy.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    i used to have business card size notifications that I would give to the managers of places that had both 30.06 and 30.07 signs up that said that I and others would not do business with them and that they are loosing money because of their policy.

Got a bunch of 'em from TSRA several years back - every once in a while, I was successful in getting the sign taken down. I always point out that a criminal isn't going to pay attention to their signs...

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    They'll pretty much have to be rewritten/amended - it's going to be a LOT of work, remains to be seen how many will bother to repost properly IMO.

A 30.06 (essentially) says no carrying on the premises (yes, I know "licensed") but this would apply to Constitutional as well. 30.07 says "no Open Carry" ( again licensed) but would apply to CC as well.

There is a stipulation in the bill that says (again, summing this up) that if you blow through the sign and you are asked to leave, no problems for you if you leave immediately. If however, you don't leave when asked, there's a charge (sorry I forget which Misdemeanor it is) and a $4000 fine. Frankly, I'm fine with this.

So, ya know, as long as you're the typical law abiding Texan, no worries.

We'll see Thursday what happens in Committee.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    There are several reasons for that? 1289 was the least restrictive bill. It had the greatest opposition?

The thought process is, that you file a few bills from the least restrictive to the most and see what feedback you get. (All behind closed doors).

Sometimes it’s best to get a more restrictive CC bill passed, then in future legislatures file bills that will loosen it up some, then it isto get the least restrictive bill passed the first time.

Not entirely sure I agree but I respect that you may know something that I don't. I can tell you from my days in another legislature and my experience here so far, I don't think it's that organized. But again, maybe you know something I don't.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yup. A business owner retains that right. Check my comments above for more information.

So, old verbiage signs aren't legal notification, but new signs would be legal notification for constitutional carry?

I understand being asked to leave is something completely different.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom