May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    1617302648700.jpeg

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Just curious, why are there two bills for the same law?
    There were four up at the hearing and iirc, 7 total.
    Each has slight differences. All of them keep the LTC program and allow law abiding Texans to carry permitlessly. (You know those 13 things you can't be to even start an LTC? Those are in-tact. So ya know, don't be a felon, don't do drugs, don't beat your partner...)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Each has slight differences. All of them keep the LTC program and allow law abiding Texans to carry permitlessly. (You know those 13 things you can't be to even start an LTC? Those are in-tact. So ya know, don't be a felon, don't do drugs, don't beat your partner...)

I assumed all that was given! I'm just curious as to why the need for multiple bills to pass essentially the same law. Strength in numbers?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I assumed all that was given! I'm just curious as to why the need for multiple bills to pass essentially the same law. Strength in numbers?
    I think more like division; more bills means more debate and more opportunity to table the whole deal.

If they all really wanted to pass something, they would have agreed to the same bill before submission.

If something finally passes, it will probably be because they thought they had to meet the people's demands, not because they wanted to.

I'm not saying there aren't some reps there who are passionate for gun rights, I'm saying that's just not most of them. Most of them are entitled class citizens, not in touch with commoners.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Each has slight differences. All of them keep the LTC program and allow law abiding Texans to carry permitlessly.
    Im assuming they are keeping the LTC program for reciprocity with other states and for 4473s ? Just curious

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think more like division; more bills means more debate and more opportunity to table the whole deal.

If they all really wanted to pass something, they would have agreed to the same bill before submission.

They dont all agree. Never will. Had we gone to bat with a True Constitutional Carry, it would fail. Every time. So throw up a few bills and see what can pass.

Reactions: gll

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville

There are also 3 Senate Bills that are going to be heard soon in Senate State Affairs. At least one will be heard. The one from Sen. Springer.

The reason the two that made it out of Homeland Security is because both of the Authors are on the Homeland Security Committee. Unless the Senate disapproves... these two HOuse Bills will make it out of the house.

The differences in the bills isn’t enough to make a difference.

Minnesota has 7 constitutional bills filed, Louisiana has 2 bills filed. South Carolina has several bills filed, all are still alive but only HB3096 has made it passed the House and is now in Senate Judiciary Committee.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville

If something finally passes, it will probably be because they thought they had to meet the people's demands, not because they wanted to.

I'm not saying there aren't some reps there who are passionate for gun rights, I'm saying that's just not most of them. Most of them are entitled class citizens, not in touch with commoners.

You should watch Rep Schaffer and Rep Tinderholt. They are both very pro 2A.

one other note, one of the members on House Homeland Security Committee is Rep Hefner, who is head of the Calender committee, he has authored several pro 2a bills this session as well.

We have a very good chance of it passing this year. When these two bills make it to the Senate State Affairs committee it will come our of committee quickly. 2 2A bills were heard in the committee Thursday, and will be up for 2nd reading Monday.

Think positive.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    They dont all agree. Never will. Had we gone to bat with a True Constitutional Carry, it would fail. Every time. So throw up a few bills and see what can pass.

Well it can be a slow process. Look at Montana and Wyoming. They did it in steps. Start with just certain areas, or just for residents. Make that work a while and then go full statewide, and non residents.

This year is different though. Because of the national election there has been a huge push.

There have never been 13 states in one year that have filed CC bills, the most to go CC in one year is 3. This year we have already had 3 states, plus 2 states (Mt, Wy) that have expanded their CC laws.

If we can’t get it passed this year, then we are in big trouble.

This year alone we have over 40 pro-gun bills filed. 12 of those have made it out of committees. We have already killed off 15 anti-gun bills.

Top Bottom