• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Then the many bills to limit carry, fees and reg. needed for 3 person 'gun' show/sales, in private parking lots. The read thru the 70 or so 'special interest' bills that fly through. New one is converting public "housing' to 'street people' housing. allows local muni to set requirements.
    Or all the park beautification bills that fly through. They are considering a special bird hunting season for vets.
    Almost everything they do requires new 'fees' or taxes/grants.
    I've emailed West several times about the slow/stall from Rs in the last 4 Leg. sessions, reply is yea they stall stuff so it won't pass. No comment on how stop that. Mostly occurs in House - so Rs are helping Ds take control.
    I will repeat, Ks has had CC for years INCLUDING Univ & Hosp. NO problems. Ks Gov (D) will probably OK non-carry in Univ & Hosp but Leg. will over-ride. Our Gov. dinks around and nothing gets done.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Seems when Dems have power in DC our legislators actually do something at the state level to appease the masses.

When Rs have control in DC, we see no progress...anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is because it isn’t up to the government to take care of us. I want politicians in DC to leave me and mine the Fock alone, nothing more and nothing less.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    HB1927 a CC bill has 58 sponsors... keeping in mind that their are 150 House members, 67 democrat, and 83 republicans.

One of the 58 Sponsors is a Democrat. So that leaves 66 democrats, and 26 Republicans uncommitted to that specific CC Bill.

HB1927 is headed to the House floor.

HB1911 another CC bill, has 46 sponsors. TWO of those being Democrats. Comparing the the sponsors.... and giving totals. If they will at least vote for HB1927, that will give us a total of 2 democrats and 65 Republicans in favor of some form of CC.

Not quite yet a majority... but pretty dam close! One only needs to garner 9 more votes to win the House.

However, The Senate is another story. Unclear where that will go until Sen Springers CC bill makes it out of Committee.

I predict one of the house CC bills will get transmitted to the Senate before Springers bill makes it out of committee.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    HB1927 a CC bill has 58 sponsors... keeping in mind that their are 150 House members, 67 democrat, and 83 republicans.

One of the 58 Sponsors is a Democrat. So that leaves 66 democrats, and 26 Republicans uncommitted to that specific CC Bill.

HB1927 is headed to the House floor.

HB1911 another CC bill, has 46 sponsors. TWO of those being Democrats. Comparing the the sponsors.... and giving totals. If they will at least vote for HB1927, that will give us a total of 2 democrats and 65 Republicans in favor of some form of CC.

Not quite yet a majority... but pretty dam close! One only needs to garner 9 more votes to win the House.

However, The Senate is another story. Unclear where that will go until Sen Springers CC bill makes it out of Committee.

I predict one of the house CC bills will get transmitted to the Senate before Springers bill makes it out of committee.
    I like your prediction. Wonder why 1289 was DOA?

Blue8210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2021
    USA
    Honestly? I think they each wrote them differently, because they believed the policy and language in their bill to be better. Simple as that. I see nothing entitled or nefarious about any of their motives.

PREAMBLE TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
    "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    BILL OF RIGHTS

AMENDMENT X

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

AMENDMENT II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

AMENDMENT IV

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA V. HELLER, 554 U.S. 570 (2008),

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Provisions of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 infringe an individual's right to bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment. United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit affirmed.

18 U.S.C. § 922(g), is Unconstitutional. It violates Amendment II of the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the United States of America.

"When government takes away citizens' right to bear arms it becomes citizens' duty to take away government's right to govern,"
    ~ George Washington

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

PREAMBLE TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
    "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    BILL OF RIGHTS

AMENDMENT X

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

AMENDMENT II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

AMENDMENT IV

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA V. HELLER, 554 U.S. 570 (2008),

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Provisions of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 infringe an individual's right to bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment. United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit affirmed.

18 U.S.C. § 922(g), is Unconstitutional. It violates Amendment II of the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the United States of America.

"When government takes away citizens' right to bear arms it becomes citizens' duty to take away government's right to govern,"
    ~ George Washington

Welcome to the Forum!

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I like your prediction. Wonder why 1289 was DOA?

Because it was the least restrictive version, and had the most opposition. A Consitutional carry bill passing is better then nothing and next legislature we can file bills to loosen it up some more.

the other reason is that 1927 and 1911 were both Authored by the Chair and a member of the House Homeland Security Committee and they of course were going to vote out their bills before anyone else’s.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Honestly? I think they each wrote them differently, because they believed the policy and language in their bill to be better. Simple as that. I see nothing entitled or nefarious about any of their motives.

There are several reasons for that? 1289 was the least restrictive bill. It had the greatest opposition?

The thought process is, that you file a few bills from the least restrictive to the most and see what feedback you get. (All behind closed doors).

Sometimes it’s best to get a more restrictive CC bill passed, then in future legislatures file bills that will loosen it up some, then it isto get the least restrictive bill passed the first time.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I wrote my house rep today I will post back what he says

I keep writing my reps and such and keep getting back essentially the same form letter comforting me that they are looking out after "us" as far as these things go. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Reactions: gll

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    I keep writing my reps and such and keep getting back essentially the same form letter comforting me that they are looking out after "us" as far as these things go. Not exactly confidence inspiring.
    So they aren't even answering on a specific topic? In this case, the topic would be CC/Permitless Carry?

MississippiTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Katy TX
    Yea, I see our fine new Fort Bend County Sheriff, Eric Fagan is standing with the other Texas Police Chiefs in support of not allowing constitutional carry in Texas. Crime is rising like crazy under Sheriff Ed Gonzales and former Police Chief Art Acevedo in Houston. I expect Fort Bend will trend that way too. Been a few months and I already miss the hell out of Troy Nehls.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom