• ...and so much more!
  • Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Good looking fur faces ya got. Good on you for taken some of em off death row. Not many folks would do that.

We love our Liberty, theres a few members on here that have met her & loved her. Shes definitely a lap dog.

View attachment 242092

Liberty is beautiful.

Mine LOVE (I wont say all) most people straight away.

I will say dogs usually sense people better than people do.
    Bevo pissed on my now Xs foot the first time she walked in door with me.
    Went up to her very calmly greeted sniffed and proceeded to let loose on her sandaled foot.
    I shoulda listened to him.

I do listen to them much closer now when new visitors arrive trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Liberty is beautiful.

Mine LOVE (I wont say all) most people straight away.

I will say dogs usually sense people better than people do.
    Bevo pissed on my now Xs foot the first time she walked in door with me.
    Went up to her very calmly greeted sniffed and proceeded to let loose on her sandaled foot.
    I shoulda listened to him.

Gotta love mans best friend. Sometimes they have just a little better sense of people. I guess they just sense the "assholeness" in them.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I understand support animals for those who may truly need one. But the only thing you have to do to get your dog recognized as a “support animal” is fill out a form on the internet and print it out. And I’m not even sure if you have to do that. My daughter has a corgi mutt mix, that is a nippy barking a-hole. She went online and filled out a form and they sent her a doggie vest that says support animal so she can, I guess, legally take it where ever she wants! Ever since this China flu has taken over, most of the employees of my company work from home. But there are a handful that still come to the office every day, and over half of them have a dog with them now! If it wasn’t so bad for my snakes, I would LOVE to take one of my pythons to work just to piss them off!

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    this one I found tied to tree at intersection with bag of food poured on ground next to him at around 3 months. He is a total hell raiser as you can see.

My last 3 dogs have been pure or mixed pits... I 100% agree dogs, like almost everything, are a product of their environment. My little cousins have attempted to ride him with 0 issues... but have known some I was always ready to protect myself against.

They need to crack down on fact I can get him a vest and a emotional support “badge” online for $200... granted I have enough sense that no matter how much I love him he is still a dog and I’d never bring him to a restaurant or store
    A5600B24-6FCD-406B-96C5-057C3E5BE5D1.png

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    this one I found tied to tree at intersection with bag of food poured on ground next to him at around 3 months. He is a total hell raiser as you can see.

My last 3 dogs have been pure or mixed pits... I 100% agree dogs, like almost everything, are a product of their environment. My little cousins have attempted to ride him with 0 issues... but have known some I was always ready to protect myself against.

They need to crack down on fact I can get him a vest and a emotional support “badge” online for $200... granted I have enough sense that no matter how much I love him he is still a dog and I’d never bring him to a restaurant or store View attachment 242095
    Cute little couch potato.

Charli loves home depot and lowes.
    She says Bass pro is ok.
    I dont take her in restaurants and only on occasion to the others.

Socialization is KEY if you plan to take your fur ball in public start young and teach um acceptable behavior. You know like a kid. Oh wait some kids need taught that more than dogs around these parts.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Some folks are awfully quick to blame the kid. Unprovoked dog attacks do occur.

Shelter dogs can be particularly prone to this. Poor dogs have been out trying to survive on their own, going though who knows what. And that means they may have a different view of what constitutes a threat as compared to a dog raised in a loving family. Taking on a shelter dog is a noble thing, but realistically it carries risk. Before someone jumps on their high horse, risk does not mean every shelter dog does this. But the risk is there. I have seen it happen personally.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Anybody

They need to crack down on fact I can get him a vest and a emotional support “badge” online for $200... granted I have enough sense that no matter how much I love him he is still a dog and I’d never bring him to a restaurant or store View attachment 242095
    Anybody that would tie a dog to a tree and leave it ....................... needs to also be tied to that tree by their gonads!!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Some folks are awfully quick to blame the kid. Unprovoked dog attacks do occur.

Just as some are quick to blame the animal.
    Stupid uncontrolled kids DO occur ALOT. See it every time I enter a store dam near.
    In some cases its a darn shame you cant put down the useless untrained ones.

medicmike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Plano
    I have been around Pits that were absolutely wonderful animals. The problem is with the type of people that think it's cool to have a mean dog and raise them that way. Pits are the popular dog for wannabe tough guy/gangbanger types and the breed is suffering the consequences. I remember when Dobermans and GSDs were thought to be problem breeds.

These breeds aren't Golden Retrievers, they require a strong leader and proper training. Same with many other breeds. As said above, it ain't the breed, it's the owners.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Dogs be dogs.
    I'd bet the little girl got her face to close to the dogs face zone and RARARAR!!!!!!
    Keep your dogs AND KIDS under control and incidents like this usually will not occur.
    I've seen kids wander up to strange dogs and push their face right into the dogs face.
    I don't trust pits by a mile so whenever my daughter was little(and she LOVED dogs)she would "want to love on the puppy" there was no way I'd let her near one of those things.
    Here recently I was at the vets office, waiting in the lobby with many other dog owners to see the doc.
    One woman had some kind of a pit that you could tell was bad news. Very unsocialized animal. I kept the yard beast away from it but every dog or human that came near it was lunged at.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The biggest issue I have seen with some of the "dangerous" large breeds are the owners. Some people think it's cool to own a large breed dog that other people fear or think it's dangerous. So by association, the those dog breeds get a bad reputation because of the owners. They can be dangerous if they are not taught, or controlled by their owners. Sad fact is, a pit bull, a Doberman or a Rottweiler if they attack a person can do extensive harm, or even kill them. I also suspect that if people were to look at the underlying causes and facts about such incidents, that many times there were factors in play, that the dog wasn't directly responsible for the attack. Bad owner, or the dog being provoked in such a way that the dog reacted as most dogs would, defending themselves.

I have owned several pit bulls over the years. In most cases, like my current one, "Bandit" they picked me. A couple were rescues because of certain situations that I was able to take them in.

I do believe that genetics can be a part of what makes a dog's personality, but dogs, all dogs have animal instincts that if they feel threatened, they will many times attack. I also believe that dogs like humans, that there can be the occasional bad apple in the group.

Top Bottom