• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    For those of you blaming a toddler for the actions of a animal need to get your head checked.

Restaurants are for humans, not animals.

About 2 years ago on Halloween a neighbor got drunk, her two pit bulls got out of the house and started chasing little kids in the street, essentially cornering them against cars and whatever else.

Maybe we should just blame the kids by a lot of the discussion here.

**** all of that, I will shoot your damn dog if it threatens my kids, blame my kid all you want. I will always choose a human life over a animal.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    For those of you blaming a toddler for the actions of a animal need to get your head checked.

About 2 years ago on Halloween a neighbor got drunk, her two pit bulls got out of the house and started chasing little kids in the street, essentially cornering them against cars and whatever else.

**** all of that, I will shoot your damn dog if it threatens my kids, blame my kid all you want. I will always choose a human life over a animal.

Again this situation is due to the OWNERS ACTIONS. Yes the dogs were being dogs and I agree to the point of people over dog. Same as the OPs article owner made the decision to take animal in restaurant but animal pays for it.

However pigeon holing a breed because of bad decisions (for the most part) by the owners is like doing same with say all muslims are terrorists etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Again this situation is due to the OWNERS ACTIONS. Yes the dogs were being dogs and I agree to the point of people over dog. Same as the OPs article owner made the decision to take animal in restaurant but animal pays for it.

However pigeon holing a breed because of bad decisions (for the most part) by the owners is like doing same with say all muslims are terrorists etc.

Well like the problem with Muslims and pitbulls is a pattern, a track record, a long documented history of unnecessary unprovoked violence.

My point still stands.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Well like the problem with Muslims and pitbulls is a pattern, a track record, a long documented history of unnecessary unprovoked violence.

My point still stands.

So does mine.
    I recall Dobies German Sheppards
    Rotties all being flavor of the week for aggressive dogs.

All dogs like all kids are only as smart as their Master or Parents.

I most cases when one or the other gets its ass in a crack the root cause can be traced to the sperm donor/ ezback oven or the dog owner.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    So does mine.
    I recall Dobies German Sheppards
    Rotties all being flavor of the week for aggressive dogs.

All dogs like all kids are only as smart as their Master or Parents.

I most cases when one or the other gets its ass in a crack the root cause can be traced to the sperm donor/ ezback oven or the dog owner.

You can choose to ignore the past history of breeding this animal for its aggressive characteristics all you want.

But the facts are as they are.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    You can choose to ignore the past history of breeding this animal for its aggressive characteristics all you want.

But the facts are as they are.

You should head your own advice and actually research um.
    Yes brits did use them to fight BEARS.
    When they came to America their original use was NOT FIGHTING anything. IDIOTS did that part.

It wasn’t until the mid eighteen hundreds, shortly before the American Civil War, when British immigrants started bringing their pit bull terriers to The United States of America. It was during this time when the pit bull terrier was renamed to the American pit bull. Where in the United Kingdom, the pit bull was forced to fight in death pits, in The United States, the dog was given a more calm life where it was used primarily as a sheep and cattle herder. The animal was trained as a guard dog to protect farm animals and was even taught how to hunt.

During this period, the image of pit bulls changed in America. People grew to love pit bulls, especially children. A myth started known as the “Nanny dog” myth where pit bulls would nanny children. This is, of course, false. But it illustrates how people loved the pit bull terrier.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Some years back, I saw a video of two German Polzei shooting their 9mm pistols into a pit and it absorbed many rounds without even flinching before it finally slumped to the ground and it was still kicking.

I think a .44 Magnum wouldn't be too much gun when one of these things goes off it rocker and starting killing and maiming humans.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Just curious. How much provoking, prodding and aggravation would you take from another person before you snapped? How would you react, to a complete stranger running up to you, and grabbing you and hugging you? You're making an assumption and placing blame without knowing all the facts or the history of the dog, it's owner, or the little girl.

It's real easy to group a pit bull into a group, then label them a bad dog breed, just because of the actions of one dog, or several that because of their owner's being idiots. Isn't that what we gun owners go through every time some idiot goes off the rails and shoots up a school full of children? Aren't all gun owners lumped into that group, just because of a few idiots? Aren't law abiding gun owners punished with more gun control and restrictions because of one, or several idiots that used guns in criminal manner? But you think it's fair to group all pit bulls as being dangerous?

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Just curious. How much provoking, prodding and aggravation would you take from another person before you snapped? How would you react, to a complete stranger running up to you, and grabbing you and hugging you? You're making an assumption and placing blame without knowing all the facts or the history of the dog, it's owner, or the little girl.

It's real easy to group a pit bull into a group, then label them a bad dog breed, just because of the actions of one dog, or several that because of their owner's being idiots. Isn't that what we gun owners go through every time some idiot goes off the rails and shoots up a school full of children? Aren't all gun owners lumped into that group, just because of a few idiots? Aren't law abiding gun owners punished with more gun control and restrictions because of one, or several idiots that used guns in criminal manner? But you think it's fair to group all pit bulls as being dangerous?

But there's zero evidence the little girl did anything. It's really weird that so many people are making the assumption that the dog wouldn't do anything unless the kids was first terrorizing him in some way. Especially considering the fact that this dog owner has a history of her dog's viscously mauling people and animals.

Yes, kids can be obnoxious and annoying, but you know what they don't do? Bite people's faces off.

If this lady shot a kid in the face due to a negligent discharge, and then fled the scene. And if you found out this is the third time she accidentally shot someone, I think we'd all agree she's not qualified to own a gun. I'm not saying ban the breed; I'm saying this woman lacks the personal responsibility to own one.

Plus, there's zero reason to bring any animal into a restaurant or store unless you're blind. If you can't emotionally go out in public without your dog, or snake, or peacock, you need to just stay home and order a pizza.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    But there's zero evidence the little girl did anything. It's really weird that so many people are making the assumption that the dog wouldn't do anything unless the kids was first terrorizing him in some way. Especially considering the fact that this dog owner has a history of her dog's viscously mauling people and animals.

Yes, kids can be obnoxious and annoying, but you know what they don't do? Bite people's faces off.

If this lady shot a kid in the face due to a negligent discharge, and then fled the scene. And if you found out this is the third time she accidentally shot someone, I think we'd all agree she's not qualified to own a gun. I'm not saying ban the breed; I'm saying this woman lacks the personal responsibility to own one.

Plus, there's zero reason to bring any animal into a restaurant or store unless you're blind. If you can't emotionally go out in public without your dog, or snake, or peacock, you need to just stay home and order a pizza.

I take my dogs lots of places with me
    Home Depot/Lowes Bass Pro outside events like car meets etc. I do not take them into food establishments.

Has zip to do with emotional support.

But I can tell you have formed your opinion of a breed based on the media and hearsay.

Sorta like a dem nothing could be said to change your viewpoint even facts.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    This conversation will naturally be all over the map because peoples opinions differ so much on the subject. But there is IMHO a major problem with people blurring the lines between pet and ... something much greater than pet. You don't need to take your animals everywhere with you. They're not your children, they're not "fur babies", and they most certainly don't need bullshit like birthday parties. Yeah I heard that one on the radio this morning.

Say it with me. They are PETS.

My favorite dog I ever had was a boxer, and I did take him a lot of places with me. Outdoor places where PETS are welcome. He was awesome, people loved him, and was an absolute joy to have around. But I wasn't taking the dog into stores and such. Well ok, I took him to Pet Smart. Pets don't belong in stores. They don't belong in restaurants. They don't belong in doctors offices, as companions when you are flying somewhere, etc. Some people are so screwed up they invest more time, energy, and affection in their pets than their children.

Personally I'm not afraid of any breed, but like humans many stereotypes exist for a reason. Pitties get a bad rap because a certain portion of their population exhibits seriously bad behavior. People remember that, and you get a stereotype applied. Nearly every single pit or pit mix I've ever known has been a great dog though, and most of them are genuinely big babies. When I was young, not sure how young but younger than the child in this story, my face looked a lot like hers. I was mauled by our family dog just for getting too close to his space. He was a 16 year old Dalmation, had cloudy eyes and couldn't see well, and was fiercely protective over anything in the area of his dog bed. I toddled too close, and he tore my face up pretty badly from what I'm told. I still have scars 40-something years later, but they've mostly faded. So whose fault would you say that was? In my mind it was my parents - the dog had a history of snapping at anyone who went near his bed, so child area and dog area should have been physically separated areas. Kinda like a rescue we had years later, she was a badly abused dog and was outwardly violent to anyone that wasn't family. So much so we couldn't have company over at the house because she would try to tear through doors and walls to attack. She HAD to be segregated. But, as many would likely nod their head to, she was fiercely protective of the family and gentle as could be at home. She was even cool with the cats.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    This conversation will naturally be all over the map because peoples opinions differ so much on the subject. But there is IMHO a major problem with people blurring the lines between pet and ... something much greater than pet. You don't need to take your animals everywhere with you. They're not your children, they're not "fur babies", and they most certainly don't need bullshit like birthday parties. Yeah I heard that one on the radio this morning.

My favorite dog I ever had was a boxer, and I did take him a lot of places with me. Outdoor places where PETS are welcome.

You dont need to that is true.
    But I want to.
    All the places I listed are pet friendly.
    They dont get parties or xmas presents etc. They do get fed and a treat everyday.

Sad about your experience and Id have to agree folks should have had a segregated area for bed. Sadly there sometimes comes a time when as a responsible dog owner you have to consider fido has had a good run and though living he/she doesnt have a life. Tough to do but sometimes for the best for all parties. I made the decision to do just that with my 14 yr old boxer in 2016. Choice was lop off his rt rear leg where cancer had taken up residency or the other. And the chance it comes back anyway. I decided regardless of the love I had for him he deserved a better place not a 3 legged life and cancer that may return.

Dog ownership is much like parenting except they can never make their own choices in a lot of life situations.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

My favorite dog I ever had was a boxer, and I did take him a lot of places with me. Outdoor places where PETS are welcome. He was awesome, people loved him, and was an absolute joy to have around. But I wasn't taking the dog into stores and such. Well ok, I took him to Pet Smart. Pets don't belong in stores. They don't belong in restaurants. They don't belong in doctors offices, as companions when you are flying somewhere, etc. Some people are so screwed up they invest more time, energy, and affection in their pets than their children.

Personally I'm not afraid of any breed, but like humans many stereotypes exist for a reason. Pitties get a bad rap because a certain portion of their population exhibits seriously bad behavior. People remember that, and you get a stereotype applied. Nearly every single pit or pit mix I've ever known has been a great dog though, and most of them are genuinely big babies. When I was young, not sure how young but younger than the child in this story, my face looked a lot like hers. I was mauled by our family dog just for getting too close to his space. He was a 16 year old Dalmation, had cloudy eyes and couldn't see well, and was fiercely protective over anything in the area of his dog bed. I toddled too close, and he tore my face up pretty badly from what I'm told. I still have scars 40-something years later, but they've mostly faded. So whose fault would you say that was? In my mind it was my parents - the dog had a history of snapping at anyone who went near his bed, so child area and dog area should have been physically separated areas. Kinda like a rescue we had years later, she was a badly abused dog and was outwardly violent to anyone that wasn't family. So much so we couldn't have company over at the house because she would try to tear through doors and walls to attack. She HAD to be segregated. But, as many would likely nod their head to, she was fiercely protective of the family and gentle as could be at home. She was even cool with the cats.
    My wife worked with a lady up in NJ. Her two dogs had their own rooms. They were decorated with the "dog's favorite colors".

If that isnt some right before the fall of the Roman empire type nonsense, idk what is.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    The biggest issue I have seen with some of the "dangerous" large breeds are the owners. Some people think it's cool to own a large breed dog that other people fear or think it's dangerous. So by association, the those dog breeds get a bad reputation because of the owners. They can be dangerous if they are not taught, or controlled by their owners. Sad fact is, a pit bull, a Doberman or a Rottweiler if they attack a person can do extensive harm, or even kill them. I also suspect that if people were to look at the underlying causes and facts about such incidents, that many times there were factors in play, that the dog wasn't directly responsible for the attack. Bad owner, or the dog being provoked in such a way that the dog reacted as most dogs would, defending themselves.

I have owned several pit bulls over the years. In most cases, like my current one, "Bandit" they picked me. A couple were rescues because of certain situations that I was able to take them in.

I do believe that genetics can be a part of what makes a dog's personality, but dogs, all dogs have animal instincts that if they feel threatened, they will many times attack. I also believe that dogs like humans, that there can be the occasional bad apple in the group.

In the 70’s it was Dobermans, then it was Rottweilers, and now it’s the turn for the pit breeds. We have had one rescue pit. She lived in a kiddie day care for 6 months and she loved everybody.

Attachments

• 442DCB23-09BA-47FC-8E38-335CEB9BABAD.jpeg
      442DCB23-09BA-47FC-8E38-335CEB9BABAD.jpeg
      32.1 KB · Views: 132

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    But I can tell you have formed your opinion of a breed based on the media and hearsay.

Sorta like a dem nothing could be said to change your viewpoint even facts.

What statement are you reading? I didn't give any an opinion about the specific breed. I'm referring to the the facts as stated in the article. Don't project your insecurities on me.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    What statement are you reading? I didn't give any an opinion about the specific breed. I'm referring to the the facts as stated in the article. Don't project your insecurities on me.

My bad.
    However it does seem you have formed an opinion the child/parents had 0 responsibility its all the dogs fault.
    Least thats how I read it.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    In the 70’s it was Dobermans, then it was Rottweilers, and now it’s the turn for the pit breeds. We have had one rescue pit. She lived in a kiddie day care for 6 months and she loved everybody.
    Probably 10 years back or so, I saw a buddys pit bull who had been nothing but a nice dog for 4-5 years go completely ape shit for no reason on some girl that came over to his house. She wasn't even near the dog and she had been inside the house for a good 2 hours. My friend isnt a scumbag or anything and raised his dogs right so there might be something more than the 'bad owner' reason. You should have seen that girls face and arm. Looked like she got attacked by a mountain lion or something. It was an absolute savage attack

After seeing that, I have my head on a swivel if I go near one. If they end up as good dogs for people, than whatever that is great but I will take a pass on that one.

We have so many stray dogs out here where I live and the only ones who we ever have issues with and end up having to shoot are pit bulls. Coincidence? probably not

Reactions: gll

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Dogs are like people, some are shit heads & some are cool. Also depends on the owners raising of the dog...just like raising kids. The 3 most vicious dog breeds ive encountered have been chihuahuas, pomeranians & dachshunds.
    I have always taught my kids at an early age to not put their face in a dogs face. I went to school with a girl that got bit by a germanshepard. The K9s left scars up & down both sides of here mouth.

We have a pit/boxer mix we rescued that loves people & the schnoodle mix she grew up with. Other dogs & critters not so much. There have been a few times she has taken to other dogs as friendly. My buddy has 2 pit male mixes she gets along with. And the old neighbors had a palmerian that she liked. But other than that shes not been too friendly to other dogs.

When she was a puppy 6-8 months we used to try taking her to the dog park & she would try to fight the bigger dogs... so we had to stop going. I think she felt threatened by the bigger dogs. She was found abandoned as a tiny puppy & didnt grow up with a litter.

Shes a pillow pit
    View attachment 242089
    is that a pitbull? If it is then wtf is this thing?

One of these is what attacked that girl and also what I am talking about when we have aggressive strays. Your dog looks way different
    UIX6NOMHARHIPDOTDETOPCZBXE.jpg
    :

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom