• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases | Fox News

[h=1]Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases[/h]
    Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.
    The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.
    DK Firearms

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Im pretty much alright with it. I can see the slippery slope side of the argument for sure though. As it is now its really not a big deal. As long as both parties agree to go with that set of rules vs the british laws, so what? That goes out the window with criminal law. Civil is just a matter between two private parties, they should be free to swttle as they see fit.

Last edited:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Little "bit" of Sharia Law is like a little bit of gun control it simply grows.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Im pretty much alright with it. I can see the slippery slope side of the argument for sure though. As it is now its really not a big deal. As long as both parties agree to go with that set of rules vs the british laws, so what? That goes out the window with criminal law. Civil is just a matter between two private parties, they should be free to swttle as they see fit.
    "The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence." So I assume beating one's wife and forcing one's 14 year old daughter to marry some smelly 80 year old is protected under Sharia law?

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    So I assume beating one's wife and forcing one's 14 year old daughter to marry some smelly 80 year old is protected under Sharia law?

No because that'd be a criminal offense in both cases. This is civil dispute stuff.

Last edited:

Ny700

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Think of this more like small claims court within a community. Or imagine a home owners associate mediating or ruling over two disputing neighbors. This in no way trumps higher courts or criminal handling. Things like this make sense in communities densely populated with any specific nationality or ethnic group. Their are social norms that are generally accepted within a group or neighborhood and their is some logic to a dispute handling authority familiar with those customs to handle it. Potentially the more appropriate manor to handle such a thing is to make sure that their is proper representation in the local courts and civil service positions from the demographic of the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Think of it like this.
    No there will not be sharia law. We are an established nation with established laws. If you do not like our laws, to bad. You will abide by them and if that doesn't set well with you, then you are free to leave at anytime.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Things like this make sense in communities densely populated with any specific nationality or ethnic group. Their are social norms that are generally accepted within a group or neighborhood and their is some logic to a dispute handling authority familiar with those customs to handle it.
    I respectfully disagree. Immigration implies a willingness to assimilate. No one should immigrate who is not willing to assimilate.

I understand that the fullness of a persons life and native culture are valuable things. Immigrants should honor their native language, culture, holidays, etc. It's part of their lives and history.

However, establishing a separate dispute mediation forum based on social norms of a country other than the one in which they reside is not simply "valuing heritage"; it's actively rejecting assimilation.

I want immigrants to be successful. That requires abandoning the day-to-day employment of the way of life they left behind in favor of the social norms of their adopted country. Immigrants unwilling to make a commitment to do that are setting themselves up for failure. Then their children, raised outside of any controlling culture, find themselves rudderless, hating both the old ways that so ill-served their parents as well as their new country, the one that failed to live up to all it seemed to promise.

Said another way, immigrants cannot learn to live in a country if they do not participate in the processes by which that country gets things done. All they can do is slow the progress toward integration of their progeny while creating artificial barriers between the immigrant community and the rest of the country, barriers that lead to mutual distrust and misunderstandings.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Agreed, if you want to do things the way you did there, stay there. That seems to be what I hear on here about people from other states. Why not countries?

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Ny700

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Things like this have been done for ever including in the US the idea is to aide in assimilation which should be the goal. That's why in my earlier statement I feel the better way to handle such a thing is to make sure that a regional demographic is properly represented in local government and civil service. Now again non of this should trump state or federal law. Veering your wife in the name of religion may be deemed acceptable by a specific church in response to a situation but it would still be a crime at the local level. But where something like this serves a purpose is to handle disputes and disagreements that between two people of a specific origin in a matter that simply would not be known or understood by local governance. If done properly this is a conduit for assimilation. If done wrong it is just another fence between groups who are otherwise very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases | Fox News

Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases

Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.
    The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Good luck with that!

2501342-haha_zps9ec6dd27.gif

panther308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Austin
    ...studying them, they always wanted to destroy other countries from inside. that is what they are doing, moving there, counting on polite people to let them in and institute their ways. Then they slam it down your throat. Were next, especially in some states like the communist California.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom