• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases | Fox News

[h=1]Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases[/h]
    Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.
    The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Im pretty much alright with it. I can see the slippery slope side of the argument for sure though. As it is now its really not a big deal. As long as both parties agree to go with that set of rules vs the british laws, so what? That goes out the window with criminal law. Civil is just a matter between two private parties, they should be free to swttle as they see fit.

Last edited:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Little "bit" of Sharia Law is like a little bit of gun control it simply grows.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Im pretty much alright with it. I can see the slippery slope side of the argument for sure though. As it is now its really not a big deal. As long as both parties agree to go with that set of rules vs the british laws, so what? That goes out the window with criminal law. Civil is just a matter between two private parties, they should be free to swttle as they see fit.
    "The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence." So I assume beating one's wife and forcing one's 14 year old daughter to marry some smelly 80 year old is protected under Sharia law?

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    So I assume beating one's wife and forcing one's 14 year old daughter to marry some smelly 80 year old is protected under Sharia law?

No because that'd be a criminal offense in both cases. This is civil dispute stuff.

Last edited:

Ny700

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Think of this more like small claims court within a community. Or imagine a home owners associate mediating or ruling over two disputing neighbors. This in no way trumps higher courts or criminal handling. Things like this make sense in communities densely populated with any specific nationality or ethnic group. Their are social norms that are generally accepted within a group or neighborhood and their is some logic to a dispute handling authority familiar with those customs to handle it. Potentially the more appropriate manor to handle such a thing is to make sure that their is proper representation in the local courts and civil service positions from the demographic of the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    No because that'd be a criminal offense in both cases. This is civil dispute stuff.
    When did domestic violence become a "civil dispute"?

Top Bottom