• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My AR (Bushie) and Galil (Golani) eat it like it was candy and no FTFs, no extraction problems. It seems as accurate as anything else in .223/5.56 I have fired and is somewhat inexpensive compared to a lot of ammo available. Perhaps it does burn a bit nasty but I normally clean after firing, old Marine Corps habit...Any help ?

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I run it through my 4 SKSs and the AK all the time. I have also run their 9mm Makarov through my Bulgarian Mak and it ran fine as well. Good stuff for the money.

I have heard differing opinions on running that ammo through 1911s and ARs but in the "commie" weapons...its perfect. I might use caution about runnign it in a finicky AR or your prettier 1911s but in a pistol like the Glock....go for it.

Ammo To Go up in Brenham used to have the best deals in cases of Brown Bear. You might want to check them out.

I believe Brown Bear is made in the Barnaul, Russian factory - the same place that alot of Academy's "Monarch" brand steel cased ammo is made.

- brickboy240

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    I also run it thru my DPMS AR-15, my Ruger Mini 14 target, and my Ruger P89-9mm. Never had a problem or a misfeed. The only thing I have heard is if you are shooting an automatic AR the coating may melt if the barrel and chamber gets too hot and coat it. Just need to make sure you clean it after.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    What's the big deal about having a lacquered finish? Does it actually serve a purpose or does it just give the company a reason to charge more? Their non-lacquered rounds work just fine...

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    The lacquer is usually applied to the case mouth and around the primer as a sort of sealant from the factory. Many ammo makers have stopped using this or use alot less than they used to.

Brown Bear shoots real good in the Eatern Bloc guns it was designed for. For an AK, SKS or Makarov....blaze away. In your picky AR or a fancy 1911...I'd be wary of using it.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    No problems with it in my AK or my RPK.

Dirty ammo and the lacquer does build up a bit in the chamber.

I was shooting it out of my 30 carbine revolver before I knew about the lacquer buildup problem and had a spent round get stuck.

Drift pin and hammer to get it out.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I've HEARD (warning 3rd hand info) that you before you shoot, you can disolve the laquor in paint thinner. Simply dip it and let it dry. The steel isn't going to rust that quickly.

Top Bottom