Join TexasGunTalk

Bryan/College Station

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by shooterfpga, Sep 15, 2016.

1. t-astragal

t-astragal Member

Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    Judging from the distinguished medal of your avatar, I'd guess your no stranger to precision pistol. My sons and I are kinda new to this sport. The 11 year old is getting the courage worked up to shoot his first match. The 18 year old is likely to be sharpshooter after only 3-4 matches and I'm pushing expert. We shoot competitions in Austin and Houston primarily. We'd love to visit your range some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheDan

TheDan DEPLORABLE TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Are there any internet or telecommunication companies in the area? I know about ViaSat, but that's it...

3. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Suddenlink is the one i see pushed everywhere in town. Seems to be a lot of one provider services lol.

4. Hfrog355

Hfrog355 Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    I think Verizon offers something. I'm on Suddenlink for Internet.

5. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Was out there 2x last week for a job off hollerman.
    Anywhere to shoot?

6. TheDan

TheDan DEPLORABLE TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Looks like they just have a business office out there. Closest operation center is in Georgetown I think.

7. Hfrog355

Hfrog355 Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    At this moment, there are only 2 public places to shoot nearby:
    - Champions Firearms: This is an indoor range at Holleman/Texas. They offer "Happy Hour" half price range fees. I want to say it's limited to 45' and they restrict the calibers you can shoot: no centerfire rifles and handguns are limited as well. There's an attached gun shop.
    - Gunsmoke Shooting Range: Outdoor range on the way to Snook. Take HWY 60 headed west and keep an eye out for signs once you pass HWY 50. Haven't been out there in a bit, but I beleive they offer 2 pistol bays, a 100yd rifle range and shotgun facilities.

8. mleroyl

mleroyl Active Member Lifetime Member

Merry Christmas to all in Aggieland. Weather will be weird, but I'm really looking forward to a (relatively) quiet weekend focused on family.

9. Hfrog355

Hfrog355 Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    I didn't realize it, but The Great Texas Gun Company on 21 out towards Kurten closed sometime in the last few months. Additionally, Gun Corps (Southwest/Texas) announced their closing up shop too.

No word yet on Marksman Academy reopening.

Not the best time for shooters in the Brazos Valley.

10. Hfrog355

Hfrog355 Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

There's some good news!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017