Join TexasGunTalk

Bryan/College Station

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by shooterfpga, Sep 15, 2016.

1. t-astragal

t-astragal Member

Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    I'm going to have to check out that place. 50 yd pistol is what I've been looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SidewaysTA

SidewaysTA Active Member Lifetime Member

Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yea!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

3. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I saw that too. Its not bad at all to gain access to a private range to run 100yd zero and when you need to and have time to stretch them legs you can pay 75/month to hit the 1100yd range without having to be locked into paying for a year at a time just the months you choose to.

4. Hfrog355

Hfrog355 Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Anyone have land they hunt hogs on? I went out for the first time last weekend and had a really good time. I'd love to find more chances to go...

AggieSigGuy likes this.
  5. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Sho nuff. I live in the area. Just now saw this thread...

6. JeepFiend

JeepFiend Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Howdy! I'm in the process of purchasing a home off of Tabor rd. in Bryan, and it looks like Marksman LLC is the closest range to the house. I was curious if any of you had any insight or alternative suggestions for a range in the area? I took my wife, a Japanese citizen who had never fired a gun before, to Champion Firearms recently. She seemed to really enjoy shooting the 9mm, but I'd like her to get educated on shooting a shotgun, my AR-15, and I'd like to build either an AR-10 or .300 AAC in the near future that I'd also like her to be comfortable with. Not to mention I'd like to get some training myself. Anywho, figured I'd throw it out there to see if there were any suggestions on ranges/training in the area instead of doing the trial and error thing. Thanks!

shipwreck likes this.
  7. Hfrog355

Hfrog355 Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    I like Marksman just fine and have spent a lot of time there. It's nothing particularly fancy, but I like it. You should also check out CCC down in Milican. It's limited access for public, but they offer memberships as short as a month. It's more expensive, but the long range rifle facility is a rare amenity. Gunsmoke out near Snook is another option, but I don't wind up there very often, so I don't have much to say about it. If I was going to shoot shotguns, that's where I'd go.

The only training I've been to in the area is KR Training. It's about an hour west of BCS on 21, but the instruction is great. It's run by Karl Rehn who is an excellent shooter and very knowledgeable trainer. He also brings in some of the best trainers in the country to train at his facility. I can't recommend them highly enough.

AggieSigGuy likes this.
  8. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I shoot at ccc only during matches but like said above they just recently opened up some limited public access and one of the few if not the only one i know of that will let you pay for just one month!

The range is amazing i just have to plan a month where i can take full advantage of a membership.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Howdy!

Ive been the area for a few years and only recently found this forum and even more recently (tonight) this thread.

I've been eyeing CCC for a while but hadn't seen the limited public use, guess I'll give 'em a shot and see how the place is before spending more money. Would really like to try their longer ranges. Last time I was inquiring about a membership I was told you had to qualify at 500 before shooting further.

I live about 10 minutes from Gunsmoke but still haven't stopped by there either.

Anyone else still in the area?

10. SidewaysTA

SidewaysTA Active Member Lifetime Member

Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yeah there's a few of us around.