• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Also, the "press" is the only source reporting on the "wave" of guns being smuggled into the hands of the cartels. The poster on ARF was recounting first hand experience. Are you calling him a liar?

Hoji,what are your law enforcemen/BATFE firsthand experiences that have brought you to your conclusions besides a few press stories?
    I can relay many experiences along this line but arguing on the internet with people is like coming in first place at the Special Olympics....you are a winner but still....

I have first hand experience of guns stolen from TX making it across the border of Mexico and ending up in many hands. It has been going on for years but recently it is getting big press.

Do I LIKE the BATFE on a personal level , NO.

Do I understand what their purpose and duties are, YES.

Will I comply with their rules to avoid federal ass-pounding prison time, YES.

There is no experience or facts I can present to you so feel free to continue to believe what you want. Most folks like to learn what the LE folks are doing from firsthand knowledge and some of the motivations and duties they perform but then again others have these ideas in their head no matter what is said.

Visit some law enforcement forums and see what those experienced people are saying. I have a feeling it is different than what you want to hear.

I have served to protect your right to believe and say what you will and I will continue to do so though I disagree.
    Carry on.
    Target Sports

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    How will refusing to comply with an unwarranted search land you in prison*? I think I missed something...

*Excepting FFLs, obviously.

Yeah you did miss something because I do not recall saying anything about a "warrantless search".

The original NRA story said it is optional to talk to them etc.
    What I posted is that I will comply with their rules.

If their rules happens to be a warrantless search then I must comply or I will have a SWAT team on my doorstep. People think that just because you are right, that you will actually not get your butt kicked. They have not obviously delay with the often inept federal government.
    I deal with morons all day who do not LIKE certain laws and choose not to comply with them, they fill our prisons.

For the slow ones, I DO NOT AGREE with warrantless searches by any agency but I am not some keyboard commando that will sit here and say "I will not comply with their warrantless search" blah blah blah. Those people end up in prison and with their houses blown up (need I refer to Waco).

BATFE is doing follow ups on guns ending up in Mexico. Until I hear some firsthand stories about citizens in the valley with no guns/interaction with firearms getting an "unlawful search" conducted on them I would not drink the Kool-Aid yet and flip out.
    If you deal with guns via FFL/building them etc on the border then you can expect to get a knock from the BATFE plain and simple.

Do I think it sounds like fun, NO. Do I think it is in their job description, YES.:banghead:

Top Bottom