• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I think I'll get one. Keep it inside. When they ask to come in I'll tell them to hold on a sec and close the door. I'll re-open the door, slap out my new doormat and the slam the door in their face. Then they can hear the laughter and "No you cannot!!" in M.Sage's reply.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My wife went to some kind of defense attorney seminar and got the "Come back with a warrant" tee shirt. I will have to get the doormat.

Oh, and if you do not think that the 4473 is a form of registration.............:confused:

There is a thread on AR15 HTH about a member over there getting calls from BATFE about stripped lowers he bought years ago.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Tell them to shove off and then file a harassment complaint with their agency. If that don't work call an attorney and and have them either file suit or call the BATF and have a chit chat.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    This story sounds a little fishy to me. Most likely they are investigating the few thousand guns recovered in Mexico.

They are chasing down leads to see if there is any person supplying them from the US, they are doing their job. I doubt they are randomly knocking on doors of NRA members asking "can we count your guns?"

There is a big hoopla about the guns coming from the US recently and these agents are doing their jobs by following up on it,no need to dig the moat and bury the guns as of this time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This story sounds a little fishy to me. Most likely they are investigating the few thousand guns recovered in Mexico.

They are chasing down leads to see if there is any person supplying them from the US, they are doing their job. I doubt they are randomly knocking on doors of NRA members asking "can we count your guns?"

There is a big hoopla about the guns coming from the US recently and these agents are doing their jobs by following up on it,no need to dig the moat and bury the guns as of this time.

You would be wrong [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=366483[/URL]

[url]http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=1941[/URL]

[url]http://www.mega.nu/batf/croaker/strange.html[/URL]

They do this kind of garbage all the time.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County

According to that first story the poster lived on the border and was doing something with "receivers" etc. If I have to use my detective skills I would guess that since he is within 2 miles from the Mexico border and was transferring receivers and assembling them,they were investigating it. That is one of their duties.

Then again I could be wrong, might be a BATFE gun grab and they are coming for all of us next! Oh only if we live on the border or have guns that were previously listed as stolen and recovered in Mexico..oh and we are assembling completed guns from receivers only seconds from the border.

I am sure I am totally wrong.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    According to that first story the poster lived on the border and was doing something with "receivers" etc. If I have to use my detective skills I would guess that since he is within 2 miles from the Mexico border and was transferring receivers and assembling them,they were investigating it. That is one of their duties.

Then again I could be wrong, might be a BATFE gun grab and they are coming for all of us next! Oh only if we live on the border or have guns that were previously listed as stolen and recovered in Mexico..oh and we are assembling completed guns from receivers only seconds from the border.

I am sure I am totally wrong.

You are. Good of you to realize your mistake.
    The poster on ARF was not "doing" anything illegal, detective, but in your opinion you believe that proximity to the border warrants "investigation"? The person in question is serving in the U.S. Airforce, and has no record.

You and I both know that the stories about the Mexican cartels being armed from U.S. straw purchases is a load of manure. They are just trying to drum up BS charges to appear relevant and try to avoid budget cuts.

These goons do this all the time, but it is good to know that on a 2nd Amendment site they have defenders.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    You are. Good of you to realize your mistake.
    The poster on ARF was not "doing" anything illegal, detective, but in your opinion you believe that proximity to the border warrants "investigation"? The person in question is serving in the U.S. Airforce, and has no record.

You and I both know that the stories about the Mexican cartels being armed from U.S. straw purchases is a load of manure. They are just trying to drum up BS charges to appear relevant and try to avoid budget cuts.

These goons do this all the time, but it is good to know that on a 2nd Amendment site they have defenders.

My fault.
    I was wrong,those stories definitely paint an accurate picture. We both know the press is super accurate and un-biased.

Years of LE experience have failed me.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My fault.
    I was wrong,those stories definitely paint an accurate picture. We both know the press is super accurate and un-biased.

Enlightenment comes first from the admission of lack of understanding.

You are on the right path. Stay with it and you will see the light.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My fault.

Also, the "press" is the only source reporting on the "wave" of guns being smuggled into the hands of the cartels. The poster on ARF was recounting first hand experience. Are you calling him a liar?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I'll be digging the moat, but bury my guns? Never!

Just because they're doing their job doesn't mean we need to or even should cooperate. BATFE has proven over the years that they are not our friends.

Top Bottom