• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Headed home this evening from BFE GA, we stopped by Buc-ee's on 75, about thirty miles from the TN line, while we were headed north. I've seen their billboards on the trip south from Knoxville to Chattanooga, where my parents live. I've wanted to go check it out because people say how cool it is. It's freaking awesome. BBQ, jerky, drinks, and top notch bathrooms. Grabbed some snacks and a few types of jerky, including the ghost pepper. Good stuff. They started in TX but are expanding quite rapidly. Interstate 40 east exit 407 (Sevierville/Gatlinburg) is only about 25 minutes from me and is where they are currently building the newest location. Basically, I'm getting a Buc-ee's in my own backyard and I'm pretty excited about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    They are getting like Chick-Fil-A and are so damn busy I stop elsewhere.............

I can understand that. That place was hopping. But, we got gas, moved the car, went in, and took in the Buc-ee's experience. If there were more of them here, I would definitely not go out of my way to fill up there. But, everyone should go at least once. I'll definitely go to the one they are building at 407, but we're normally only up that way about twice a year and I'm definitely gonna stop in, once it's up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Buc-ees is expanding Large heading to several states.

I do the Chick twice a week. The drive thru line can be 30 cars it never takes ten minutes. I know becuase when I take my old car it can get hot while just sitting it never does.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    ... They started in TX but are expanding quite rapidly. Interstate 40 east exit 407 (Sevierville/Gatlinburg) is only about 25 minutes from me and is where they are currently building the newest location....
    Unfortunately, there wasn't one along my route to Camp Shelby last week.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Nice stores and 1st one I stopped at was on the way to Houston back in 2019. Now I drive by 3 (Melissa, Denton, Texas Motor Speedway) various times throughout the month but rarely stop. The stores are always busy but I've been able to get in and out without any long lines.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Don't understand the fascination. I just want to fill up the vehicle, maybe make a bathroom stop and get back on the road ASAP.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The food and clean restrooms are the only reason to go there. That's often good enough for me.

Sometimes when I'm tired I momentarily wish they had some seating. Then I realize that if they did, the stores would turn into constant human gridlock. Eating while sitting on the tailgate of my truck ain't so bad, after all.

Top Bottom