• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    I have found there are several that do not use a conventional range bag. When I started many yrs ago I had only a plastic bucket. I dont think there were official Range Bags around then.
    I went to a tool tote bag for a while. Gave that to Mom when she started having enough stuff to need a bag & I went back to a bucket w/ nail apron pockets. Have everything in mine that I need. Cleaning kit, GOOD 1st aid kit, small tool box, all the regular stuff.
    Anyone else use something other than a real range bag?

300shooter, I am still waiting on pics of your rig.:rolleyes:

000_0011-1.jpg

000_0012.jpg
    Lynx Defense

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    As I stated in my other post on the other site when I get back home I will post it, I guess this is a East Texas thing ,I was at the range today when I saw someone else with a bucket with a Home Depot nail pouch on it . LOL I wish I was home tonight. I hope to be back in a few days I am visiting my Girls for there Spring break .

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Dang I never thought of using a bucket,I was using a plastic tote for all my
    stuff then I found a bag at wally world with a bunch of pockets/compartments
    so thats what I use now.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    LT thats ok, I thought was Said that in the other post but after reviewing it I am to blame also.

We all make mistakes and I have made a lot in the last few years.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    When I first started shooting in Bullseye competition back in 1965, I couldn't afford a nice, expensive Pistol Shooting Box like the other guys had. I used a GI surplus green wooden box built to store some kind of optical/mechanical equipment. It had rubber gaskets around the lid and locked down with two spring loaded catches. Later I managed to buy a real pistol box but still have that old original green box, 43 years later. Good equipment really does last. :D I now use it to store my bullet molds with dessicant powder because it is airtight with the lid locked down.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I use a range bag. A $40 bag form Midway, that's sold with other labels for $100-$200. The Range Manager where I shoot saw mine a couple months ago and went home and canceled an order for a big name label on the same bag. Saw him last week and he told me his wife bought it for him by surprise, so he kept it.

Only difference is color, and about $100 more in price.

The bucket and pouch idea is pretty inventive though. :D But I'd be afraid I'd dump it over.

Top Bottom