• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eckolancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Plano
    I have a buddy moving to California soon but has a standard AR with 16" barrel and 30 round magazines. I think he also has a shorter barrel for home defense. He is wanting to know if he would be allowed to own that legally there if not he will be selling it hopefully to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You mean people willingly want to move to California?

California has some of the most asinine gun laws in the country. I would tell him to read up carefully on what he can and cannot own in California. Hope he likes 10 round mags.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    He needs to pin the mag to the AR with a "mag lock device", or make it featureless...can't just bring it to CA.
    And 30 round mags...haha nope, no way

Please delete if not allowed to reference another forum, but the CalGuns site has a ton of info that he really needs to read up on...here's the page with a ton of stickies pertaining to long guns:
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=349

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    Calguns has the aw flowchart to see what is a regular firearm that they haven't banned yet and what is a baby killing puppy kicking death spitter from hell.

It is not just features...some lowers are much deadlier than others according to California.

And no threaded barrels on handguns. A threaded 22 pistol obviously means you are a super assassin intent in killing everyone with a shoulder thing that goes up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Calguns has the aw flowchart to see what is a regular firearm that they haven't banned yet and what is a baby killing puppy kicking death spitter from hell.

It is not just features...some lowers are much deadlier than others according to California.

And no threaded barrels on handguns. A threaded 22 pistol obviously means you are a super assassin intent in killing everyone with a shoulder thing that goes up.

Yup here's a link right to the flow chart.

https://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm fairly certain you can move into Cali with "assault weapons" but they must be registered within a certain time frame (60 days IIRC) of moving in. 30 round magazines are a no no right now. No exceptions AFAIK. But I moved back to Texas Aug of last year and haven't really been keeping close tabs on what's been going on there.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    I'm fairly certain you can move into Cali with "assault weapons" but they must be registered within a certain time frame (60 days IIRC) of moving in. 30 round magazines are a no no right now. No exceptions AFAIK. But I moved back to Texas Aug of last year and haven't really been keeping close tabs on what's been going on there.
    The AW registration period closed many years ago. There was talk about one of their new laws that sounded like it opened it again, but no.

Anither thing to watch out for on the way over is that handguns must be unloaded and in a locked container while driving. Calguns should be the first stop for anyone who is law abiding and thinking of having a firearm in California, especially if they are moving from America.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The AW registration period closed many years ago. There was talk about one of their new laws that sounded like it opened it again, but no.

Anither thing to watch out for on the way over is that handguns must be unloaded and in a locked container while driving. Calguns should be the first stop for anyone who is law abiding and thinking of having a firearm in California, especially if they are moving from America.

And after your head stops spinning from all the BS in the form of laws, you may want to just go back to throwing rocks.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas

You're right. It was firearms in general that have to be registered within 60 days. No AWs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I never paid a lot of attention to all the CA BS, but I opened that flowchart up and my God, what a mess.

Which is why I never owned long guns there, and just started buying them after I moved to Dallas.

Neutered rifles with fixed mags defeats the purpose of having a mag.

Featureless rifles...no thanks.

And the 30rd mag ban was looming for quite some time.

Heck, in the city of LA and many others, the mere possession of a 10+ rd handgun mag is a crime. They won't grandfather them in.

**** that state.
    And for many reasons beyond 2A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    There is NO reason to move to California. I would not move there for a job, not for family, not for health, not to save my marriage (and I'd do most anything to save my marriage). There is no reason of God's Green Earth to move to California . . . and every reason to move out of that state.

Sure, I will visit there, vacation there, and enjoy the good that California does have to offer; however, I wake up knowing that it will NEVER be my home and that vacations always end by returning to home and hearth.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom