• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You mean people willingly want to move to California?

California has some of the most asinine gun laws in the country. I would tell him to read up carefully on what he can and cannot own in California. Hope he likes 10 round mags.

Don't forget that in 2018, Californians wont be able to buy ammo online. They will have to pay the CA DOJ for a permit just to purchase ammo in California.

California also has a roster of handguns that they wont allow into the state, but if you live there you are grandfathered in. Out of state? Nope, you need to sell it.

Best move is dont move there, unless you love to pay high taxes, high rentals, high mortgages, high insurance rates, and high fuel price, just to name a few.

Hell, Kookafornia is trying to leave the union: Its called Calexit. Look it up.
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have a buddy moving to California soon but has a standard AR with 16" barrel and 30 round magazines. I think he also has a shorter barrel for home defense. He is wanting to know if he would be allowed to own that legally there if not he will be selling it hopefully to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss where anybody questioned the "shorter than 16" barrel" for home defense?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don't forget that in 2018, Californians wont be able to buy ammo online. They will have to pay the CA DOJ for a permit just to purchase ammo in California.

California also has a roster of handguns that they wont allow into the state, but if you live there you are grandfathered in. Out of state? Nope, you need to sell it.

Best move is dont move there, unless you love to pay high taxes, high rentals, high mortgages, high insurance rates, and high fuel price, just to name a few.

Hell, Kookafornia is trying to leave the union: Its called Calexit. Look it up.
    I think if I had listed all the negatives of moving to California I would have hijacked the thread for a few pages.

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016

If you own the handgun(s) prior to moving you can still bring it with you but will have to register it with the proper authority and make sure you have 10rd mags or modify your standard mags to hold 10rds. It only applies to buying new handguns in the state or being shipped in from online/from another state. You cannot ship it to a FFL being off roster. You can still sell it private party face to face at a FFL. Of course if you are LEO you are exempt from most firearm laws.

Bring your pile of Gen 4 g19's if you want to make some good money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did I miss where anybody questioned the "shorter than 16" barrel" for home defense?

No NFA-1934 weapons or suppressors are allowed in Kookafornia. Rifles have to be
    16 inches there. If you have a short-barrel, if you add a long muzzle break or a fake can (I wouldn't do that last at all, since real cans are banned in CA) that is permanently attached, by welding, ect. to 16 inches, I believe that might be allowed, but dont count on it. Best to buy a new barrel 16" or more inches.

Flash suppressors are not allowed unless you registered the rifle with the DOJ firearms division as an "assault rifle", but I believe that was only true for CA residents. All weapons, except tubular magazine fed rim-fire, can only hold ten rounds.

Threaded barreled handguns are not allowed in Kaleeforkneeya, that much is true.

Once Gruesome Newsom is da' Governor, you'll be lucky to own a pellet gun in CA.

I am not a lawyer, but I wouldn't move to CA for anything, if I were you. Its only going to get much worse, never better, for anyone owning a firearm in Kookistan.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No NFA-1934 weapons or suppressors are allowed in Kookafornia. Rifles have to be
    16 inches there. If you have a short-barrel, if you add a long muzzle break or a fake can (I wouldn't do that last at all, since real cans are banned in CA) that is permanently attached, by welding, ect. to 16 inches, I believe that might be allowed, but dont count on it. Best to buy a new barrel 16" or more inches.

Flash suppressors are not allowed unless you registered the rifle with the DOJ firearms division as an "assault rifle", but I believe that was only true for CA residents. All weapons, except tubular magazine fed rim-fire, can only hold ten rounds.

Threaded barreled handguns are not allowed in Kaleeforkneeya, that much is true.

Once Gruesome Newsom is da' Governor, you'll be lucky to own a pellet gun in CA.

I am not a lawyer, but I wouldn't move to CA for anything, if I were you. Its only going to get much worse, never better, for anyone owning a firearm in Kookistan.

I realize that.
    I was asking if I had missed where anybody told the OP that it wouldn't be legal.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Many hundreds of thousands of Californians own unregistered AR style weapons, large capacity magazines, and handguns that are not on the state roster. Of course, these same people are parole violators, drug abusers, wife beaters and violent offenders. The main problem is the State AG has LEO focusing on law abiding citizens who might have a firearm or accessory that is slightly out of compliance because they might harm some poor illegal alien and take away some of his government provided goodies. No sanctuary cities in California for the hard working, God fearing citizens!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    My one question is "what is your reason to move to california?" I understand the weather is nice, but outside of 2A issues as an economist I have to say that it's not economically rational to move to California from Texas unless you earn about 6 times as much as you do here. Even then, it still might be cost prohibitive long term. This is taking into account cost of living, tax implications, and etc.

The advice to your buddy... and this is outside of 2A issues, don't move to California unless it makes you unbelievably wealthy.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many hundreds of thousands of Californians own unregistered AR style weapons, large capacity magazines, and handguns that are not on the state roster. Of course, these same people are parole violators, drug abusers, wife beaters and violent offenders.

That's not true. Many otherwise law-abiding citizen own the same weapons as you Texans do. They simply decided to hell with all these unconstitutional laws, and have these weapons and magazines hidden away. They pose no threat to anyone at all.

CA is a purple state, with many people who think and act just like a Texan would. Problem is the state is run by two-faced liberal Democrats. Thankfully, former state Senator, Leyland Yee, is spending five years in prison.....for gun-running, no less.

The main problem is the State AG has LEO focusing on law abiding citizens who might have a firearm or accessory that is slightly out of compliance because they might harm some poor illegal alien and take away some of his government provided goodies. No sanctuary cities in California for the hard working, God fearing citizens!

Yes, it's much easier to disarm a non-violent person who happens to possess such a weapon, then it is to chase down hood-rats who DO have unregistered fully-automatic weapons and won't have an issue killing anyone who dares to take it.

I guess that's why the police in CA patrol all the "Hoods" in three cars, two officers per car, going well over the speed limits and they don't stop at stop signs very often.

Nope. No "sanctuary cities" for God-fearing, lawful citizens in CA. Helluva state, eh?

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    My one question is "what is your reason to move to california?" I understand the weather is nice, but outside of 2A issues as an economist I have to say that it's not economically rational to move to California from Texas unless you earn about 6 times as much as you do here. Even then, it still might be cost prohibitive long term. This is taking into account cost of living, tax implications, and etc.

The advice to your buddy... and this is outside of 2A issues, don't move to California unless it makes you unbelievably wealthy.
    Bingo. When my wife and I bought our home here in Houston, the cost was right about twice what the total of our combined annual incomes were at the time. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would move to somewhere that you're looking at home purchase prices in the range of seven or eight times your annual income! That's just fucking nuts!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    That's not true. Many otherwise law-abiding citizen own the same weapons as you Texans do. They simply decided to hell with all these unconstitutional laws, and have these weapons and magazines hidden away. They pose no threat to anyone at all.

CA is a purple state, with many people who think and act just like a Texan would. Problem is the state is run by two-faced liberal Democrats. Thankfully, former state Senator, Leyland Yee, is spending five years in prison.....for gun-running, no less.

Yes, it's much easier to disarm a non-violent person who happens to possess such a weapon, then it is to chase down hood-rats who DO have unregistered fully-automatic weapons and won't have an issue killing anyone who dares to take it.

I guess that's why the police in CA patrol all the "Hoods" in three cars, two officers per car, going well over the speed limits and they don't stop at stop signs very often.

Nope. No "sanctuary cities" for God-fearing, lawful citizens in CA. Helluva state, eh?

For sure.
    Once you leave the coast, CA is a lot more conservative/less liberal than what most folks think.

The problem is, the vast majority of the voting population lives in coastal CA.

Feinstein won 80% of the votes in her district. LA's mayor Garcetti likewise won with 80% of the vote.

The libs have a lock on CA politics, and conservatives barely have a voice.

And the problem with those "hidden" guns is, they do you no good for their intended purpose. Weird one in self defense and you're doomed in CA's court system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom