• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcb7469

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a major 1st world problem here.
    Buds guns has the basic gi model 1911 on sale for 329.00 plus assorted fees.
    Im deployed at the moment.
    Look to be home early Febuary late december.
    Im at the great place Fort Hood.
    Should i wait till i get home hopeing the price stays the same or lower.
    Should i buy it and try to find a FFL that will hold the gun till i get home?
    any advice/ideas?
    thanks
    john

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    The base gun is solid, but the GI style sights suck - it's the single most common question I see on RIA forums - "How can I upgrade my sights?"

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thanks for your selfless service!

Don't get hung up on some fabulous "internet" deal. You have to add the FFL transfer fee, shipping, insurance, etc.

Save your cash (pretty hard to go broke while deployed at Bagramstan, unless your AO has lots of booze, recreational drugs, and hookers).

Gun prices have hit their peak back home, and you will find good deals when you get back to CONUS.

Better to put hands on and ogle your purchase at a LGS or gun show, than to be disappointed when your dream gun gets delivered to your FFL. It's a biatch to send it back if you don't like it, or if it is a turd.

February is the coldest month of the year at Fort Hood, and folks don't shoot as much so gun prices should be lower.

Don't make your purchase in Killeen. Try some of the gun shops in the Cove, Temple, Austin, and surrounding areas.

Save your bucks till you get home.

You won't regret waiting and saving!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Make the drive to GT Distributors. Glock, Kahr and Springfield @ LE/Military prices. Well worth the drive, especially for a Springfield. You can call ahead and check military pricing if needed... their web site isn't always clear.

Top Bottom