• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    It all depends on ammo, velocity, suppressed vs unsuppressed, etc. You can run heavier buffers for reduced recoil, BUT, too heavy, and you start messing up the timing ie bolt not locking back, failure to load round from mag, etc. Too light of a buffer, then you get bolt bounce, etc. If you shoot suppressed, throw a heavier buffer in there to slow things down a bit, as it will be a bit gassier

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I have Sig 716 AR10 that has a stock adjustable buffer tube. In order to put a magpul PRS stock I have to convert to a fixed length buffer tube, so I will need to buy a new tube, buffer, and spring. The whole project was to be able to put my BT monopod on the gun. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. I am trying to figure out if making these changes will effect the performance. I already have the PRS stock but could return if needed. For $500 I can buy a lot of rear bags..

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have Sig 716 AR10 that has a stock adjustable buffer tube. In order to put a magpul PRS stock I have to convert to a fixed length buffer tube, so I will need to buy a new tube, buffer, and spring. The whole project was to be able to put my BT monopod on the gun. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. I am trying to figure out if making these changes will effect the performance. I already have the PRS stock but could return if needed. For $500 I can buy a lot of rear bags..

Well, all you need is the receiver extension. I JUST changed one from a rifle to carbine on a buddies AR10. Your spring and buffer will work.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Remember I don't know shit about black guns. I was told by magpul that I would need a longer spring and longer buffer.

I pulled the rifle buffer and spring out of his larue, pulled the A2 receiver extension off, put the carbine on, and put spring and buffer back in. Works fine, larue said to do it.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Sugar if you decide to put the prs on, you are more than welcome to bring it over and I'll swap it for you. I have the vice block for ar10 lowers [stupid expensive]

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Well, all you need is the receiver extension. I JUST changed one from a rifle to carbine on a buddies AR10. Your spring and buffer will work.

If I am not mistaken, Chuck is going the opposite way, installing a rifle extension, so his original spring is likely too short to work properly.

Top Bottom