• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Looks like we'll work well together. When the liberals come to forcefully take our disproportionate bounty, I'll happily defend it all no matter how many of them I have to kill. Might have to increase the numbers of pigs to chow down on the corpses, but it's the little things like that that'll be easy to rectify....

Jerking the burro (no pun intended ) is only meant to provide enough food to get me up Idaho way from Californistan when the nuclear mushrooms start sprouting after all that protective dialog.....
    Guns International

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'd have to say that a horse or a CATD (LOL BTW) would be the best route to take as they never run out of gas and if they do you just let them eat and drink for a minute and you're good to go again.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    My Jeep Grand Cherokee. I can sleep in it if there's bad weather. Lockable roof box and hitch mounted carrying grate. There's a place or two I've scoped out. Been studying topo maps.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Only thing is you have to decide if the BOV is purely for short term natural disasters and such, or if you're talking Mad Max-type worst case scenario. In that event I'd go with diesel, since gasoline production would either stop or be dramatically reduced in a worldwide crisis, and the fuel on hand would deteriorate over time. A diesel can run off of so many kinds of fuel oil that fueling your BOV would be no problem when gas-powered vehicles would be out of luck. Just throwing that out there.

Gonna have to agree. WHen the gas goes bad, you can mix in some vegetable oil and run it in your diesel. Just make sure it's not a bluetech CDITCDI whatever. I would have to go with a Suzuki Samurai with a 1.9 vokswagen diesel, or a 4runner with a 1kzte from the Hilux in all the other countries.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Wussies.

bugout.png

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    here is my beast a 2500 ram 4x4 with a 5 spd. a buddy of mine remans military heavy vehicles and we are working on getting the dodge repainted with some radar deflective paint just for the fun of it.

Attachments

• photo_6.jpg
      photo_6.jpg
      7 KB · Views: 220

Nomadic Equipt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Chicago
    1997 Defender Land Rover
    CB, Car computer, fire extingusher, Lockable storage compartments, Rollcage, Protective cages on rear windows, Winch, Shovel, Pick, Axe, Fridge/frezzer, Dual car battery system, Very good off road and on road.

Attachments

• albertatrip1.jpg
      albertatrip1.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 217
    • iceman 011.jpg
      iceman 011.jpg
      79.5 KB · Views: 199

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    hkusp1 - Be careful with that paint. Someone in a military aircraft paint barn painted his car with F-117 paint and got busted big time.

Here are my BOVs.

Z71 Family Hauler
    1502.jpg

My Jeep (Now driven by my 16 year old)
    gilmer3.gif

TXRanchMedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bosque County
    My BOV is an extended cab Dodge with a heavy grill guard and mounted tool box. I keep 15liters total of water, 5 total MREs, a bolt action 22cal and collapsible Henry Survival 22cal (both with scopes), camping gear with cook stove, fire starters, and "mess kit", a large first aid kit, and various tools like shovels, picks, axes, and a saw. Most of it is in the tool box along with mechanic tools and air compressor, and other items are in 2 BOBs. I have maps of the counties that I travel to use when city routes are clogged. I keep at least half a tank of fuel in the truck so I can get home in case of an emergency (rural ranch). My Bug Out plans are to return home where I have supplies. I expect my vehicle to get me at least most of the way if not all the way back to my safe zone.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    2002 F-250 crew cab 4x4 powerstroke with a 75 auxilary tank, an enhanced bug out kit in the back, scaled down tool set (including the Universal Key). I'm the guy all my friends call to pull them out of sticky situations.

I need to get better bumpers/brushguards, a winch, auxilary lighting, and an onboard veggie oil filtration system.

Idriveajeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Just outside El Paso
    Only problem I can see with these choices(besides the whole gas going sour) is they're mostly newer models that rely on computer control. In the event of some sort of nuclear exchange/major solar flareup when EMPs destroy most electronics, even older non-computer controlled gas vehicals will need new parts for the ignition system. A duece and a half would be the way to go since they're a tested design, but they're also an attention/bullet magnet. I'd go with something small like an old Internation Scout with some small 4 banger diesel that'll run on anything flamable and gets 40+mpg in the event that society crumbles.

For regular bugout from natural disaster(which is nothing really except maybe a tornado) I'd go with my '98 Cherokee Classic.

I've been thinking about this alot since the area around here is mostly hot desert with little easily accessible water for a few hundred miles, and my dad knows alot about north eastern New Mexico where he grew up/served in The Guard so thats where we'd most likely head. I wish I had the money to get something like the small diesel I mentioned, but the job market isn't very hot for 20year olds with no work experience.

Also the pic is what I'd choose if I had a couple $100k to throw around.

Attachments

• unicat_11am1.jpg
      unicat_11am1.jpg
      31.5 KB · Views: 181

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    This is a great thread....now my 13 year old wants me to buy one of these army montrosities pictured...lmao.
    I'm gonna stick with a 4x4 Suburban. I wont be gong far from my house....

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Mine was never really intended as a BOV, but my 06 Nissan Frontier 4X4 was pretty well equipped for the first 2 years I had it, mostly because I'd put something in there for a purpose, and never remove it. Until recently, I'd been moving all over Texas and Arkansas in the military, never in one apartment for more than a year. My truck was rolling storage. I had a 20k tow strap, chains, a 5gal Jerry can, canned food (don't remember how it got there-ended up as targets when the labels fell off.) cases of water, towels, clothes, flashlights, batteries... I could survive out of my truck had the need arisen.

When I finally got settled down in Abilene, the first thing I did when I closed on my house was drive over and dump the contents of my truck in the garage. Now the truck is clean and mostly empty, but the gear is better organized and can be packed up quickly if I need to roll out.

The thing is, if the SHTF, I won't be bugging out with my gear. I'll most likely be grabbing my go-bag and heading for base.

91cavgt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    The Colony
    I've got a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited AWD V8. I keep basic supplies in the back as a just in case kinda thing. IF shit did hit the fan, I'd head home to get the rest of my gear, throw the family in, and head outta town ASAP to my dad's house.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Previously posted up my 2004 4Runner SR5 4WD. It has now gone to the 1st born replaced by a 2010 4runner Trail Edition. I think it will get me where I want (and need) to go in most any circumstance. Did not give up the off-road emergency supplies, 1st born has his own ;-) .

Top Bottom