• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Houston Texas
    i purchased a 870 express magnum reciver and am looking to build it into a HD shotgun, i just need help find out where i can order a mag tube and forend assembly, i know where to get the barrel, stocks, extention tubes and all that.

also does anyone have any suggestions on good parts to order for it while im building it.

thanks in advance, Robert

this is what im starting with, what do i need to finish it off.

4266009.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Cheaperthandirt.com has good prices. I have a black synthetic foreend and a hoger tamer pistol grip (as in pistol grip only, no stock) if your interested shoot me a PM. Fore end is new never used, pistol grip is used but very good condition.

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    I hope you didn't start this project with the idea that you're going to save money over a new 870 Express but this will get you started on your shopping list.

Numrich Gun Parts Corporation is normally a good source of used parts but they seem to be lacking in the 870 department.
    Here is your schematic: Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

Breechbolt $48
    Breech Bolt, 12 Ga.
    Small bolt parts #21-#26 ~$40
    Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories
    Locking assembly $21
    Locking Block Assembly, 12 Ga.
    Foreend assembly with slide $61.45
    Forend Tube Assembly, 12 Ga., New Style w/Slide

Mossberg Barrel Remington 870 Special Purpose 12 Gauge 3" 18-1/2" Cylinder Bore with Bead Sight Matte - MidwayUSA
    18" 870 barrel made by Mossberg. Good to go. I've used them before in rebuilds. $120

Remington Youth stock set $90
    World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS
    On a HD gun, most people benefit from the shorter stock

Other small parts such as the stock bolt and other small parts I'm sure you can figure out.

The toughest part to acquire will be the magazine tube. I think Remington calls it the foreend tube. I'm pretty sure that it is a factory only part. It is brazed in place in the receiver. If you hit a dead end trying to locate one, give me a ring. I'm a Remington armorer and can get one if need be.

Good luck with your project.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Houston Texas
    thanks for all the great info, ya i might have to get you to order me the forend tube, ill have to figure out if i need to rebraze that in, i didnt know it was soposed to be permanetly fixed to the receiver, which kinda irks me cause the guy didnt tell me that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Houston Texas
    yup well i realize i got screwed on this, im going to try and contact the guy i got it from tomorrow. he told me the magtube was bent because he stepped on it, my guess is cause he tryed pulling the brazed tube off, if i cant get my money back or some type of compinsation ill contact remington and see if they can reattach it without it costing me an arm and a leg....

Top Bottom