• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    After all that work if you're gonna complain, you can just send it over here (j/k)...I like it and think it came out nice.
    ARJ Defense ad

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Looks great. Problem is, doesn't really matter what wood you build something like that out of its gonna be heavy, but 100 years from now it will still be in one piece and heck it can be used for a toy-box too for the kids if nothing else.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Really nice box.
    Also a good place to hide those skeletons you don't want the wife to know about. LOL

If that were the case, I'd need a bigger box.

Thanks guys, it was a fun project. Now that the stain has set in and dried, the box is showing some personality. I think I'll have a beer and go talk to it.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Sorry for the delay on the finish pics. I ran into a few bumps here and there. If I had to do it all over again, I would do almost everything different LOL. I went with pine which is light and easy to work with but since I made a chest, it's too heavy to move so I should have used oak in the first place. I did the best I could to over-build it, got a little crooked but made it all fit. Stain is almost too dark, didn't clear coat, no need. I still need to put the lock on it. Here are a couple pics with a little ammo and a shotty.

When will you start taking orders from the rest of us who want to buy one like that? :)

Looks good, great job!

Top Bottom