• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    It is a Century Arms build so you may get lucky and get a good build or you may not and get one with a canted sight. As for mags there really aren't much other choices for the 74 most are Bakelite mags.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    So centerfire has these for $369 shipped with 3 mags. I'm not crazy about the bakerlite or whatever the hell those plastic mags are, but the rifle itself seems like a decent deal.
    Those mags are made of a military grade polymer and unless you use them for kindling, will outlast you. They were made to replace bakelite, which is prone to shattering under certain conditions.
    It is a Century Arms build so you may get lucky and get a good build or you may not and get one with a canted sight. As for mags there really aren't much other choices for the 74 most are Bakelite mags.
    I think you need to do some research.

There are far more poly AK74 mags out there (from Bulgaria, Poland and Russia) than there are bakelite (East German) AK74 mags.

A word to the wise: Avoid US made AK mags if you want reliability and durability.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    You can do even better and get a wasr ak on gunbroker for $388 with extras. Look up a seller named gcoledistibuting. He lists them with a bayonet, cleaning kit and some mags for 388 plus shipping. The WASRs may or may not have canted sights, but at least they aren't kit guns.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    You can do even better and get a wasr ak on gunbroker for $388 with extras. Look up a seller named gcoledistibuting. He lists them with a bayonet, cleaning kit and some mags for 388 plus shipping. The WASRs may or may not have canted sights, but at least they aren't kit guns.

Nalioth...

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Nalioth...
    If you insist.

The WASRs are factory "kit guns". They originally were made of parts that did not pass the military QC inspectors (not good enough for military use, but safe enough for commercial sales). Today the Romanians have taken a page from our book, and the WASRs are made of cut up military rifles, and are considered to be of better quality, even though they're made from used rifles (provided you don't get the one that was used as the demonstrator in the "shoot to destruction" testing).

They're still "kit guns", even though the original factory is remanufacturing them.

phatcatblues

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Mckinney
    you guys are wrong about this gun, this is the best deal on the AK74, i have the rifle. i shot about 450round thur it, the rifle is very well built, NDS reciever. Tapco G2 trigger. there are thread going on Akfiles, and AR15.com about this rifle. you can't even put together a Ak74 like this one if you want to with the price. a decent kit is about 215bucks shipped, NDS reciever 80, FFL 20,922r stuff, stock, handguard, G2 trigger, 3 brand new MAG. here are some pictures.
    DSC05942.jpg

DSC05940.jpg

DSC05938.jpg

DSC05939.jpg

DSC05941.jpg

phatcatblues

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Mckinney
    well, it is a hassle to return and exchange, but in the end you'll get a good bargain AK74. friend of my is getting his on tuesday, we'll see if the quality is consistant.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    well, it is a hassle to return and exchange, but in the end you'll get a good bargain AK74. friend of my is getting his on tuesday, we'll see if the quality is consistant.

Did you ever end up firing your rifle? How did it go?

I see that CFS must have got a HUGE ass shipment of these because they're still not out of stock and offering free shipping to this day....

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I rolled the dice and bought one.

It was delivered in two days. Furniture is hideous, fit and finish on part with a WASR. My rifle looked as though it had never been fired, the receiver and everything inside was spotless. Not much cosmoline either.

I didn't put a million rounds through it, but the rivets are holding up and it isn't keyholeing.

I'm happy so far, might put some Russian Red furniture on it down the road and as many spam cans as I can afford.

Top Bottom