• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    I picked one of these babies up as a Christmas present. (My wife's Christmas present to me) and I took it to the range for the first time yesterday. It ain't pretty but I put 100 rounds through it without incident and boy is sweetie accurate. I am nothing but pleased with this Communist relic. I think I have to save up for the Russian one now. Anyone else have any input on this pistol?
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Southwest
    Hello. As has been mentioned, most Makarov enthusiasts rate the East German pistols as best of breed with respect to fit, finish and trigger-pull. I am no expert on these pistols but do own both the EG and Bulgarian.

The EG's finish is "brighter" and more polished on my particular pistol but both it and the Bulgarian's trigger-pulls are similar in both double and single-action.

BulgarianMakTile1001-1.jpg

This is my Bulgarian Makarov. I bought it NIB years ago and have never, ever regretted it. The thing does have miniscule fixed sights and the caliber is not my first choice for self-protection, but the gun works. It always works and groups tighter than many might expect with such inexpensive ammunition.

NewEGMAKmagrock1-1.jpg

For comparison, here is an East German Makarov.

BulgarianRussianBeastMak1jpg001.jpg

POA doesn't exactly match POI with these slightly-heavy-for-caliber loads, but it is close. The pistol/cartridge combination is capable of better mechanical accuracy than I can wring out of it.

As mentioned previously, I have never regretted buying the Bulgarian Makarov and I suspect that you won't either.

Best to you and yours and good shooting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Saginaw
    Ive owned my Bulgarian now for 5 yrs and I always love it as a truck gun or backup. Would love an original russian so now the list gets longer and longer:banghead:

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Mrs Charley carries an E German from time to time. I know I committed a sin doiing it, but with some slight machine work, or filework if you are careful, Colt Mustang sights fit well, and give a better sight picture than the issue sights. I carried a Russian commercial Mak for a while, but traded it for something with a bit bigger hole. I've not seen any Makarov, whether German, Chinese, Bulgarian, or other former Combloc country that didn't work 100% of the time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom