• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Anderson Manufacturing dropped an email into my inbox with Sterling 9mm in 500rd and 1000rd cases.
    Baboon will be so glad to hear that even the dullards like me can buy by the case >grin<
    I bought some and I am sure they're flying outta their warehouse.
    Military Camp

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_4020.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4103.JPG

I really need to look at those cans in the back, Might be the other case of Greek 30/06 ball in enblocs!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well yeah!
    Nice, must have been a fun adventure on safari (I imagine).

Moving it all is going to suck. Never fill 40mm cans!

I tried to lift one full of ammo when I was moving from NY to AR (later to TX). I just about popped a nut and blew a disc. Never again! I also had some mortar cans, tried to life one of them too while loaded, but was very careful with that one, did not budge it. Heck, a 50 caliber can, filled with 45 ACP is heavy enough for me.

I moved about 30K rounds from NY to TX. The cans filled the back of a cargo van one layer deep and a couple or few cans atop them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nice, must have been a fun adventure on safari (I imagine).

Went 3 different times over 10 years. First trip was a bonus from the seasonal job. It cost me nothing, including airfare! Spent a whole month when my wedding anniversary the same month. My wife never said shit about any of my trips.

I grew up outside Chicago. The Field Museum has the Lions Of Tsavo. Grade school field trip the teacher seen me & turned me on to the book. It was a long time coming. I was determined to go from an early age.

I really wanted to climb Killamanjaro, but it didn't happen.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Went 3 different times over 10 years. First trip was a bonus from the seasonal job. It cost me nothing, including airfare! Spent a whole month when my wedding anniversary the same month. My wife never said shit about any of my trips.

I grew up outside Chicago. The Field Museum has the Lions Of Tsavo. Grade school field trip the teacher seen me & turned me on to the book. It was a long time coming. I was determined to go from an early age.

I really wanted to climb Killamanjaro, but it didn't happen.
    Nice to make your dreams come true. I have thought of going to the India of Jim Corbet but figure with my luck I'd be eaten by a tiger or catch some incurable disease. Read that book, The Man-eaters of Tsavo, amazing about the appetites and brazeness of those lions - a harrowing tale of terror and bravery.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have a safari dream. I dream of winning the lottery too and sadly the two are inseparably linked.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nice to make your dreams come true. I have thought of going to the India of Jim Corbet but figure with my luck I'd be eaten by a tiger or catch some incurable disease. Read that book, The Man-eaters of Tsavo, amazing about the appetites and brazeness of those lions - a harrowing tale of terror and bravery.
    I worked with a guy who claims his grandfather shot the last tiger that was legal to import back into America. Dude had a trust fund that was worth $2.6 million dollars. Said his fathers it ups he couldn't have it until 65 years old. He had 5 more years to go when I quit working 2018.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a safari dream. I dream of winning the lottery too and sadly the two are inseparably linked.
    Africa was very affordable when I hunted there. I remember buying beers in the Johannesburg Hilton @ .50 cents of their money for a pint. Exchange rate was like 7.5 Rand per the dollar! I doubt it's safe to even go now, but thats part of the adventure.

Bush camping in tents, drinking gin & tonics around a fire inside a boma @ night. Pitch black but for the southern sky. The milky way stands out in a PVS-14.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom