• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The price on assault weapons only rose after the AWB was enacted, which didn't expire until 2004, four years into Bush's Presidency (he said he's sign it if Congress passed it again, BTW). HK91 mags were $80 each back then, now they are $1 each at CTD.

Ammo prices may fall a bit but not anything like assault weapons and magazine prices did. AWs and their proper magazines were banned, ammo is not.

I remember all that. I sold some AK mags I had bought for $5, for $50. Even the SKS's went up, and they were not even part of the ban. I sold some for $150 that I bought for $70. Crazy how the prices went up.

In regards to ammo, it came down a bit after all the panic buying, but it seems to me that prices have climbed back up. I just think they will drop a bit after Romney gets elected. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I know part of the increase is the metal shortage, but not all of it. Wish I could find some of that 7.62 x 39 surplus ammo again for $110 / 1000. I had several crates sitting around back in the day. In fact, I still have some of that left over from the 90's.
    Venture Surplus ad

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Gas prices affect ammo prices quite a bit as well. Ever pick up a spam can? Now imagine how much a pallet of those weigh. Ammo gets heavy fast!

Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    I was at Walmart yesterday and I bought 100 rd WWB 9mm 115 for $23 and 100 rd WWB 40sw 165 for $35. They seemed to have held this prices for a long time.

Top Bottom