• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The Hartford Courant reported last week that two Democratic legislators were proposing a new 50 percent tax on bullets as part of a broader gun-control bill. The Connecticut legislation is one sign that the gun-control debate that the shootings will prompt next year in statehouses around the country could morph into an ammunition-control debate, too.

After the shooting, Marc Ambinder of The Week laid out the case for focusing on bullet control instead of gun control. "The 300 million guns that are in private hands aren't going away," Ambinder wrote. In contrast, he argued, ammunition is easier to restrict. "Guns are forever, but ammo degrades, even if stored in precisely proper conditions and humidors that criminals don't often have."

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2012/12/...new-twist-in-gun-control-debate/?subscriber=1
    Hurley's Gold

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Bullet humidors? This idiot is clearly satisfied to make up reality as he goes along.

Yet another idiotic measure which will punish the law abiding while having no effect on criminals.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Didn't they just try to do this in Chicago a few months ago and it ended up being shot down?

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I am a law abiding gun owner who likes to shoot. I shoot 10,000 rounds a year. This is painful.
    I'm a thug criminal or mass-murderer and shoot 10 people per year. Hmm, not to much of an impact on me.

GOOD PLAN F****** RETARDS!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Shut up and let them pass the stupid bill instead of the AWB. Reloading equipment will be the next item to disappear off of the shelves...

Tell them to tax the bullet humidors at 90%, that will slow down those crazy gun owners.

Last edited:

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    I disagree. Don't give them one inch. All the controls that will ever make any diffrence, (not that they could, our own ATF giving the cartel guns, in order to frame us) are already in place and doing nothing. Taxing ammunition won't make a damn bit of diffrence on somebody headed to a GFZ to kill innocents. When people are sitting ducks every round is a sure shot. Even if you taxed it 100% how hard is for a lunatic to scratch up $200 bucks and fill a couple mags? This tax has nothing to do with preventing tragedy but rather prevent people from being able to stock pile large quantities and cripple the manufacturing of ammo from decreased demand. Every inch lost to them is a mile never regained!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree, if they can be deadlocked on the fiscal cliff thing we aught to be able to lock up this gun control crap and keep it that way until they give up.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I agree, if they can be deadlocked on the fiscal cliff thing we aught to be able to lock up this gun control crap and keep it that way until they give up.
    Minus one minor detail.... Thats exactly what the majority wants, Increased revenue and big defense cuts. Thats why there has been no deal made. Now the majority is coming after our high cap mags, ammo and so called "assault rifles". It may take them some time to get a bill pushed through but make no mistake those idiots will have us loading five round mags with $1 a round .223 into a bolt gun.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Remember that at the federal level, "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives..." (Article. I., Section. 7. of the U. S. Constitution).
    Our Representatives are on a two year contract to us. Keep their feet to the fire!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They'd have to prove that the tax money is only being used for shooting-related benefits, though. There's case law on that subject...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Remember that at the federal level, "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives..." (Article. I., Section. 7. of the U. S. Constitution).
    Our Representatives are on a two year contract to us. Keep their feet to the fire!

Just like HR3590 - The affordable care act - Obamacare
    It started in the HOR as a bill to give veterans a break on new mortgages. The Senate took it and deleted every piece of text on it and rewrote it as Obamacare. Don't think they will not do the same thing for an AWB.
    If you do not believe me, please feel free to Google it.

or look here
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3590:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom