• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Swamp critters giving money to swamp critters is what this b.s. is all about.
    Besides no one will ride the damn thing.
    It will be too expensive for tickets.
    It will not go anywhere near where people want to go.
    Passengers will still need /rental automobiles on each end. Which of course adds to the overall expense for passengers.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Swamp critters giving money to swamp critters is what this b.s. is all about.
    Besides no one will ride the damn thing.
    It will be too expensive for tickets.
    It will not go anywhere near where people want to go.
    Passengers will still need /rental automobiles on each end. Which of course adds to the overall expense for passengers.
    Exactly.

I hope (yeah, right) that no taxpayer dollars are going to this.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I have friends that live in Buffalo. The stories they have told me about the bullying the train company has done is unreal. They are suing land owners into selling there property. Splitting land so that the land owner has to drive miles to get to a crossing to get to the back side of his land.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’ve seen it when it was difficult to get a seat on a flight from DFW to HOU so they’re is a lot of people that take this route via air. Don’t know if that converts to filled seats on a 200 mph train?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    About a 15 yr old issue. Already took a bunch of property and need something to do with it. Tried the truck highway thing that didn't go over at all. Also tried the Trinity as a cargo method - spent buckets of $ to promote something that WON'T work! Yes, there is a lot of commuter traffic between Houston and Dallas but mostly trucking. Idiots also want to move the Alamo! And make a carnival out of it!

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I have ridden bullet trains in Japan and China. They are incredibly efficient and on time. The I-45 and I-35 corridors are perfect for this kind of transportation because 80% of Texans live within 25 miles of these. And they will go to city centers instead of out-lying airports. Why do you think Love Field remains so popular. And once you get there, there's always Uber/Lyft. You would be surprised at the number of people who fly between Dallas and Houston and Austin for business (well, at least pre-COVID). I think it will be a good thing in the long run. I already lost my Family farm to I-69, so I have no sympathy.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Houston and DFW are too spread out for this to work.

You could take the train and still have an hour's drive to your final destination (assuming not traveling in rush hour).

Texas has never taken to mass transit. Granted, more outsiders have moved in. But it will not generate anywhere near the profit (and it takes operating profit to pay back debt/investment) required to make a $20 BILLION investment turn a profit. Most folks have no idea how much revenue it will take to produce the operating profit cash flow required to just service the debt, much less pay it off and earn a return.

I predict lots of red ink. A desperate plea for taxpayer dollars to keep it afloat. Possible abuse of taxpayer dollars to pump in. And ultimately, bankruptcy.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think it'll be more popular among the city folk / white collar crowd. It could be a hit with some of the bicycling crowd if they think to leave a little room for road and mountain bikes. I wouldn't mind taking a ride on it once to see how it is, but it would probably just be that one time to cover my curiosity.

Top Bottom