• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    As some of you know im in the process of moving from Chicago. Im coming out next week to do some house shopping with the family. In Illinois its very hard to find ammo as we are all freaking out about poss 200% tax increase. At Cabellas right now they have zero handgun ammo in stk. Everthing is on back order. How is Tx for buying ammo?
    ARJ Defense ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There is plenty of ammo at the Cabelas in Buda right now. Lots of .223, .308, .40s&w, 9mm, .45acp, etc. Though, for who knows how long. Apparently some guy came in there recently, wheeled his cart around to the ammo isle, filled up the cart, and purchased what amounted to $4,000 in ammo. ;) lol

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Around the DFW area, Wall Mart is the least expensive on ammo, followed by Academy. Lately, when Wall Mart gets any in, it's gone in a couple of days. I'm talking 9mm, .40 .357Sig and .45. This week bought 8 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass at $8.97 and 4 of .40 at $10 ~. Next day I happened to be by the ammo case and it was empty. Wish I had bought more, but I thought why be a hog, leave some for the next guy. Of course the next guy probably emptied the case.

BTW, welcome to the board and to Texas. Coming from Illinois (my old home state) you're in for a big shock as to our wonderful gun laws, or maybe I should say lack of a lot of restrictive laws.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom