• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    I saw an advert the other day for a bullpup chassis conversion for the Remington 870 from bullpupsunlimeted.com. I found it on the site for about 300 bucks and it looks to be fully reversible. Anyone have/seen/used one?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had a High Standards A-10 bullpup shotgun that was semi that was fun as shit to shoot! Trigger sucked as most bullpups having a linkage to work the trigger. Look @ the linkage & ask what the trigger is like, you might just stick with the gun the way it is, instead of dropping $300.00.

I like my Benelli M-4 CQB/Entry gun better!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    I was thinking of using it as a home defense gun. I would love to have the maneuverability of a short barrel without losing the tight pattern of a long gun. I'm not very picky when it comes to the trigger so I don't think it would bother me overly. Really wondering if that new chassis will affect the bullet proof reliability of the 870. If I understand it right, the only thing that is really changing is the trigger position, so the gun should be just as or very nearly as reliable as the original.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I believe Mossberg has/had a Bullpup design. It came out years ago. It was clunky looking. I think a lot of plastic too.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I just assembled mine yesterday. Haven't shot it yet, but it seems to function well. I didn't have any issues putting it together. I made sure to be care and not cross thread the screws. I didn't use the paper instructions to assemble. I watched the video on YouTube and assembled while I watched. Pausing to give me time at each step. Took me about 30 to 40 minutes. Had to watch a couple other videos on how to disassemble the 870 including removing the stock and the forend. Long flathead screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers were the only 2 extra tools I needed. They were to remove the original wood furniture from the 870.

Attachments

• 20150401_190310.jpg
      20150401_190310.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 126
    Last edited:

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    I don't have any knowledge of the Bullpupsunlimited but I do have some experience with the KSG and UTS shotguns.

KSGandUTS15_zpsd307f254.gif

Because the slide has to be pulled back close to the right hand people tend to "short stroke" the slide, then they want to blame the gun for malfunctioning.

I tell new shooters to the bullpup,
    Operate the slide like you mean it.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays