• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    TGT ATX...(that's us ya'll) we have been challanged by TGT DFW to a bullseye match. I am working out the details with the DFW people, as far as # of shooters per team, type of target and course of fire. Right now it looks like 4 shooters per team LE style target and 20 rounds. Only the "X" and "10" rings will count. Please let me know if you want to be on this team (teams) Please do not worry about skill level..... we are here to train... If we can train AND show those boys up north we can walk the walk.... well I say lets do it... MG
    Guns International

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Thanks Alan, we are still up in the air as far as the exact target. I should find out today and let you know.
    Couple other things so far.... Centerfire handguns. Sorry no .22's. Revolvers or autos. Any sights. Iron, Holo, Scopes whatever you shoot.
    Once we have a complete list of rules I will post them here.
    Shooters! time to start dry fire training! Work on your natural point of aim. Work on holding sight picture on a target on the wall. Be safe, be sure your weapon in clear, and close the blinds... don't need the neighbors seeing you aiming in through the living room window. MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    OK DFW Shooters I threw down the challenge and it has been answered!
    Details are forthcoming - should be hammered out by this weekend.

Our regular meet is scheduled for the 28th this month at Elm Fork.(see events thread)

This thread can serve as the sign up sheet for both groups.

Post up your name as a shooter and watch for details.

Skill is not the issue here, training and fun!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I read '20 rounds', so this isn't going to be a 2700? I don't have enough ammo for a 2700 match (270 shots, max 2700 points).

Also, will this be a strict bullseye, ie: one-handed? 25 or 50yd?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I read '20 rounds', so this isn't going to be a 2700? I don't have enough ammo for a 2700 match (270 shots, max 2700 points).

Also, will this be a strict bullseye, ie: one-handed? 25 or 50yd?

I think we're talking regular two handed shooting with whatever pistol you have that you shoot the best (that HK Expert you have will burn a single hole ) and a total of 20 rounds per shooter. Not a formal bullseye match.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I think we're talking regular two handed shooting with whatever pistol you have that you shoot the best (that HK Expert you have will burn a single hole ) and a total of 20 rounds per shooter. Not a formal bullseye match.

Well, in that case, I'd be up for it. It would just depend on date & location.

That HK won't be burning a single hole with me pulling the trigger. :p

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    So far rules are outlined as follows:
    Any center fire handgun.
    Any sight system.
    20 rounds total.
    3 yds. 7 yds. 20 yds.
    1 or 2 hands what ever you shoot best with.
    4 shooters per team, as many teams as would like to compete.
    Avg. score of the team. (each shooter / 4)
    We are still firming up the details, so things might change a little by this weekend.
    MG

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    So far rules are outlined as follows:
    Any center fire handgun.
    Any sight system.
    20 rounds total.
    3 yds. 7 yds. 20 yds.
    1 or 2 hands what ever you shoot best with.
    4 shooters per team, as many teams as would like to compete.
    Avg. score of the team. (each shooter / 4)
    We are still firming up the details, so things might change a little by this weekend.
    MG

That sounds good to me, and I'm up for that.

kerryp

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Dang, I can't make the 28th of this month, got too many things going on and no money to do them as it is, but I will start getting ready for the next one, whenever that might be, and hopefully closer to home,,,,maybe halfway so we aren't giving those Dallas folks home field advantage

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I just sent a PM to Jeff at Shiloh and Joey at Pasadena telling them Austin is going to kick their ass. They should be along shortly. :P

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll have to double-check my schedule and see if my mother is in town that day or not. If she's off my couch by then, I'm in! :D

If this is successful, we might want to do a TGT "postal" match. Anybody else think that's a fun idea?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    If this is successful, we might want to do a TGT "postal" match. Anybody else think that's a fun idea?

Actually that is my main objective.
    I see this as a forerunner and shake down of that very idea.
    I've have posted that idea for TGT TEAM members to look at.
    I think is a way to pull in a lot of the smaller areas of Texas and boost participation and TGT membership.
    Texas is a big state and not everyone lives in a big city but we can offer the opportunity to participate in a state wide shooting match at the small local level as well as the big city and never have to travel far from home.
    So yeah, I think it would be fun.LOL!!!!

Top Bottom